Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how good are these friends? rhetorical question

(17 Posts)
babybarrister Wed 29-Dec-10 21:05:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greenbananas Wed 29-Dec-10 21:16:30

Bless them!!! We all need friends like that.

Blatherskite Wed 29-Dec-10 21:18:56

Aw That's sweet.

I alwasy do GF, Dairy, Egg, Nut free for my brother when he comes to visit but we're related. I know he appreciates it though.

CarGirl Wed 29-Dec-10 21:20:06

Not sure I'd have cooked but would have asked what could I buy in that was safe and Yummy smile

simpson Wed 29-Dec-10 21:21:43

that is lovely smile

CheerfulYank Wed 29-Dec-10 21:33:08

How sweet! I love it when people think of me (I can't have gluten.) That's so nice of them!

trinitybleu Thu 30-Dec-10 13:36:48

That's really sweet. I have friends who try very hard but fail (dairy free cake sandwiched with real cream!) and others who always have something in for my DD, just in case. I love that they all try though.

babybarrister Thu 30-Dec-10 20:14:50

trixymalixy Thu 30-Dec-10 21:29:48

It's so nice when people make such a special effort.

monkeyflippers Thu 30-Dec-10 21:50:26

Ah nice friends!

babybarrister Fri 31-Dec-10 07:51:00

MumBarTheDoorSantaUsesChimneys Fri 31-Dec-10 08:03:49

I'm sorry your feeling this way BB.

Not many words of wisdom I'm afraid but empathy. My DS has developed the lip swelling and facial hives this year to an unknown allergen. We are waiting for an appointment to go back re epipens after a severe reaction a few weeks ago.(breathing difficulties and freezing cold feeling as well)

I have felt the same re letting him out, going abroad etc. I rationalized it to myself that life is a risk - even crossing a road but simple risk assessment and care limits that risk. I stopped DS going out to play with his friends for a while as I worried but hated seeing his little face peering out of the window longingly so made him play right outside where I can see him and only to go up the road when neighbours boys who are 11 and 13 are with him.

It is a burden and I hope you have a fabulous and relaxing time abroad. And from reading all your posts (esp the epipen and floor one!) your DS sounds like a normal, inquisitive, adventurous little 4yo and you've done that despite your fears so should be proud.

Happy New Year.

foxinsocks Fri 31-Dec-10 08:13:58

It does get better baby but maybe because they take more of it on themselves

We are having issues with ds again (age 9!) as he has started reacting to something. The difference as they get older is that they can tell you when they feel funny.

Did piriton ever produce sachets? I still cart a giant bottle with us when we go away

mumbar Fri 31-Dec-10 18:07:01

No sachets as much as I know atm. I have got a special bag and some clear 50ml bottles for when we travel. The good thing about AH is there universal and you can buy it abroad.

I travel with 100ml maximum.

babybarrister Mon 03-Jan-11 23:33:12

greenbananas Mon 03-Jan-11 23:55:33

Vale. Hope all goes well - have a lovely time.

babybarrister Tue 11-Jan-11 20:43:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now