Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nasal Sprays

(4 Posts)
RJRabbit Thu 23-Dec-10 14:54:47

I've put this in pregnancy as well, as not expecting much response. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Has anyone got any experience of using nasal sprays during pregnancy?

The one I use is one of those you can use "if the benefit to the mother outweigh the risks" (Flixonase).

I really, really need to use it, but am worried as one website says it caused cleft palate in animal testing.

doireallywant3 Thu 23-Dec-10 15:01:09

i was prescribed an antihistamine nasal spray and amoxycillin when I had a sinus infection recently. I would have been about 17 weeks pregnant and my doc insisted it was safe to use. did the trick for me. I can;t remember off hand what it was called and am on hol otherwise i'd check for you. I can post again with the name in a few days when i get home. basically, i trusted my doc to give me something safe. good luck.

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 24-Dec-10 21:32:45

Message withdrawn

RJRabbit Mon 27-Dec-10 11:27:02

Thanks very much, both of you. My GP had said I could use it, but I was nervous about it. I caved and starting using it on Christmas Day, and I've started feeling better already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now