Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS has just got hold of his epipen at nursery and stabbed it into the floor apparently!!

(12 Posts)
babybarrister Mon 20-Dec-10 12:59:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hwhite6 Mon 20-Dec-10 13:07:21

grin hope the floor is feeling better for the experience!

babybarrister Mon 20-Dec-10 13:25:35

greenbananas Mon 20-Dec-10 15:56:18

Yikes - yet another good reason to have more than one epipen! Glad he's okay. What a little monkey, bless him! And how careful / sensible of him to stab it into the floor rather than into his own hand.

Of course you're right, I'd like to think these circumstances will not arise in our house - but in fact I have noticed DS sidling slyly towards the bag that holds his epipen on more than occasion. So yes, I both chuckled and groaned!

babybarrister Tue 21-Dec-10 08:25:35

nottirednow Tue 21-Dec-10 09:20:04

Message withdrawn

greenbananas Tue 21-Dec-10 11:26:37

Understandable that he wanted to show it to his friends. After all, allergies are an important part of our DCs lives, no matter how much we try to protect them while they are young. It is probably quite empowering for your DS to have tried using the epipen himself.

Clearly a doctor could not recommend that we allow our DCs to use their own epipens but maybe it is no bad thing overall... again, really glad your DS is okay!

Yesterday, my DS (aged 26 months) told me that the cat was feeling poorly because she had eaten cows milk (this happened only in his imagination because the cat done no such thing!) Goodness knows what is going on in his head... I do hope he never tries to medicate the cat!

JJ Tue 21-Dec-10 11:32:17

Hee hee.

My old pharmacist said that he once accidentally stabbed himself in the thumb with one! I'm still unclear how he managed it but it was a very funny story.

babybarrister Tue 21-Dec-10 20:46:06

babybarrister Fri 31-Dec-10 07:46:08

DontLetTinselDragOnTheFloor Fri 31-Dec-10 07:52:36

I think you need to put them where he can't get them rather than talking to him. confused

CarGirl Fri 31-Dec-10 07:55:26

Time to get angry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now