Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

milk allergy?

(2 Posts)
jesstangle Sun 05-Dec-10 20:19:15

I have just posted in the breast/formula feeding section, but thought it was worth putting something up here too...

DD was breastfed until 10.5 months, at which point, with my return to work imminent, I swapped her on to formula. She made the transition absolutely fine.
She is now 12 months and we have started to introduce full fat cow's milk.
Although she has a bit of a cold at the moment, she seems to be getting very snotty and coughing a lot at night - when we give her cow's milk this appears to get much worse, and a few times now, she has vomited after her night-time bottle.
Has anyone come across this before? I was under the impression that formula was made from cow's milk, so if she had an allergy, it would have presented itself a couple of months ago when I stopped breast feeding??

nellymoo Mon 06-Dec-10 18:27:39

Cows' milk is mucus forming, and not great to give in quantity when your LO has a cold. Coughing at night-time is also common with a cold.

Vomiting can be an allergic response, but there tend to be other symptoms such as hives, swelling, tummy upset/pain. These symptoms would more than likely occur every time you gave your child milk, rather than on just a few occasions.
If you are worried, I would speak to your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now