Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how easy to get baby tested for allergy/intolerance?

(2 Posts)
ginger2000 Thu 02-Dec-10 11:21:45

hi - my dd2 is 9 weeks old and breastfed. After 6 weeks or so of a really unhappy baby (windy, screaming for ages and before poos, unsettled), i decided to cut out dairy and soya (not easy as I am veggie!) - there does seem to be some improvement and I know am aondering if its down to dairy or if its just that she is older. Can i ask gp to get her tested or do i just have to experiment myself with having some milk and seeing the reaction?

I will need to mix feed from christmas as i prepare to go back to work but don't want tp give cows mik formula if its going to hurt!

any thoughts?

singarainbow Thu 02-Dec-10 11:36:16

I think it depends in where you live. For my dd, the allergy serves are a bit stretched, so I paid for a private consulation (GP referred) with the allergist I would have waited over a year to see otherwise.
She was tested at about 5 months with a skin prick test. Then other appointements were done through the nhs.
It cost £100 (but we claimed half back with hsa). I couldn't have waited longer, it was money well spent.
This was all about 7 years ago, hopefully things may be better now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now