Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Daughter allergic to Tesco ?!?!?!?!?

(13 Posts)
EvaAnna Mon 22-Nov-10 14:03:43

My DD2 4 yo who has allergies, eczema etc has shown a really bad reaction (eyes swelling, skin reddening, itchy rash, worsening of eczema) for the last 4 times we have been shopping in Tesco ?!?!?!?! confused

I have no idea what this could be, I asked the manager re the trollies i.e. cleaning materials, but he said they don't get cleaned??????

I am finding her allergies/eczema difficult at the moment, feel like I have no support, and this is just the last straw!!!!!

Anyone any ideas what this could be????

TotorosOcarina Mon 22-Nov-10 14:05:19

Shop at Waitrose? bear

EvaAnna Mon 22-Nov-10 14:06:18

I would love to, but can't afford it! I've resorted to online shopping grin

TotorosOcarina Mon 22-Nov-10 14:07:38

Lol, I've never stepped foot in Watrose in my life, don't think I've even seen one!

It is very odd!

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Nov-10 14:08:53

is she the same in other supermarkets? you could walk round them without buying anything, just to test it

maybe she is allergic to large corporations who want to take over the world?

EvaAnna Mon 22-Nov-10 14:14:49

She seems OK in ASDA and Sainsburys, so the only thing I could think of was the restaurant or the bakery, say for example, they were using nuts/sesame seeds in their baking/cooking.

Isn't it the strangest thing??? I thought I was going mad until it happened again last weekend.

No more tescos for me, I'm sure I'll save money online shopping, as I won't buy any clothes I don't need, as I seem to do each time I go in LOL!!!

As for Waitrose, Totoros, I've never seen one either wink only on the TV!

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Nov-10 14:17:45

it's funny cos when i first typed out my reply i was going to metion bread! because you can alkways smell it in the bakery

tesco DO use sesame oil all over their tiger loaves... so it could be that in the air?

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Nov-10 14:18:21

that was meant to say you can always smell it in the supermarket (not just hte bakery!) it's the first smell that hits me if i walk into tesco

EvaAnna Mon 22-Nov-10 14:21:58

I know, and I LOVE that Tiger bread, which is now banned from house!

If it is that in the air, that scares me, that she can have such a bad reaction without even touching/eating it?? It seems never ending ....sad

She was crying badly last night and said 'why does noone else have bad skin' - it breaks your heart. I just try to point out all her positives, but it does get you down once in a while.

conkertree Wed 24-Nov-10 20:36:33

EvaAnna - I am right there with you. Ds1 age 3 is very similar ( bad eczema, allergies) and it's so hard sometimes when more and more things seem to affect them.

We go to a toddler group in a church, and I am nearly convinced that he is allergic to the church which is unfortunate as dh works there and it would be a shame to stop going to things there.

Have you tried a different tesco to see if she has the same reaction by the way?

EvaAnna Thu 25-Nov-10 10:31:02

There is only one tesco near us! I have done online shopping since and she hasn't had a reaction. I think its the strangest thing, but its comforting to know I am not alone!!!

Could it be something in the church that they are cooking/baking...

I've convinced myself its the bakery in Tesco, but you just don't know do you? I mentioned it to the GP and he looked at me like I had gone mad grin.

ppeatfruit Mon 29-Nov-10 13:42:40

I don't go in TesXX but i get streaming eyes in some dress shops, they put a chemical 'finish ' on the clothes, maybe if yr shop sells clothes it could be that.

ilovehens Wed 01-Dec-10 21:11:22

I don't know, but I always get anxiety attacks in Tesco stores confused I can only tolerate being in one for about 10 minutes before I start to feel ill and panicky.

I'm fine in Sainsburys and Morrisons though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: