Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cakes that are nut free?

(11 Posts)
susanjenkins Sat 24-Jul-10 12:19:24

I have two children, my youngest (age 7) has a nut allergy and her birthday is coming up, she is getting to the age where she doesnt want mums home baked cakes because all her friends have shop bought ones. Does anyone know any nut free cakes?! please help!

bridewolf Sat 24-Jul-10 12:21:36

sainsburys have a new range!

look in a large one.

susanjenkins Fri 30-Jul-10 12:32:59

Hi, Thankyou!
what are they called please? :D

madrehayunasola Sun 01-Aug-10 19:56:23

they are called Just love food, see website below.

http://www.justlovefoodcompany.com/

karenwoods Tue 02-Aug-11 10:30:33

hi susan, i'm the owner of just love food.
we are having some trouble updating our website, we have a chocolate and vanilla tray bake, a fotress and princess cake and a "decorate your own" cake all in sainsburys.
thanks! smile

harverina Thu 04-Aug-11 17:02:03

Sorry to take over thread but Karen, any plans for other types of cakes for children with multiple allergies...egg and dairy free? I am hopeless at baking and any I have seen big enough for a party cost a fortune!

iklboo Thu 04-Aug-11 17:06:38

The vegan society website has yummy recipes for egg & dairy free cakes. I made some for my colleague who is allergic to eggs (blackberry cupcakes). They were, I'm told, really nice.

harverina Thu 04-Aug-11 17:10:33

Thanks will have a look...it would be lovely to be able buy one though for a reasonable price!

shouldbeelswhere Fri 05-Aug-11 11:12:21

karenwoods thank you so much. Totally delighted to find a party cake to take to a BBQ for my DD without having the bother of making one!!! smile

karenwoods Wed 10-Aug-11 11:45:51

no problem! glad you enjoyed it, we have lines going into tesco's also so have a look soon!

alison222 Wed 10-Aug-11 11:57:54

Karenwoods - do you have any plans to increase the list of allergies you cater for. DS is allergic to eggs and chocolate and like some of the others here I would sometimes love to be able to buy a cake rather than making it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now