Talk

Advanced search

pregnant and DH has started drinking after work

(1 Post)
Embracethechaos Wed 13-Jun-18 09:14:42

We both have a history of MH issues. A bit complicated to go into detail about. When I got pregnant, I had antenal depression, having a bad history with psychoactive drugs I didn't take them until prescibed different meds by a psychatrist about half way through my pregnacy. I have been honest to my MH team, apart from a My DH's drinking (which is not consistant) He has been very supportive, but now I'm feeling stable, at 5 weeks before due date my DH has started G+T or beer most evenings for the past week or so. I don't think he's an alcoholic as he can chose to stop. He is not very good at knowing his limits. He was t-toltal but when I was finding it difficult I said he should buy himself beers. Now though, it's really important that he's sober so he can drive me to the hospital. I told him he needs to look after himself and suggested he do something with friends. He says he's too tiered. Said when the baby comes he will not drink at home...his parents drank heavily on the weekends during his childhood.... Basicly I don't know what to say to him...I get angry because he does not want any proffesional support, and I've done the difficult part of having lots of MH appointments but he's too serctive, possibly scared and paranoid about SS.

One last thing to add, I have lots of support, socially and professionally

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: