Talk

Advanced search

Hand hold please

(4 Posts)
Crazycakelady17 Tue 06-Feb-18 23:44:31

I have been drinking daily for almost a year 18 months ago I went to the police about historic sexual abuse and rape from when I was a child,
The court case was late last year I thought I was doing the right thing,
However it has made my mental health bad I have had three impatient stays and I have community mental health coming out daily,

I drink to numb the memories having to stand up in court and relive it was just too much I had managed to burrow it for over 25 years,
I have attempted suicide a few times once last year I ended up in icu.

I’m drinking 70cl of gin a night I have tried to stop in January but I ended up with horrific withdrawal symptoms and had three fits.
I jjust don’t know what to do I can’t see w way forward I’m going to loose my husband and two amazing DC my family and friends have all took a step back as they don’t know how to help me

Anyone with any ideas? I have tried the Jason vale book, I think I need to do a proper detox but I need to ensue the psychology is in place to deal with all the emotions as to why I drink in the first place

If you have got this far thank you I just need to get the old me back

ChinkChink Tue 06-Feb-18 23:52:14

Please go to your GP and tell him/her how much you are drinking, and request help.

SleightOfMind Wed 07-Feb-18 00:04:15

I’ll leave the advice to experts but I’d like to hold your hand and tell you that I think you’ve done an amazing and brave thing and that you have the strength to get through this.

Facing your abuser in court after all this time is incredibly strong. If you could do that, you can get past this.

Use that strength to keep pushing until you get proper professional help. Don’t stop trying. Even if you falter. Keep going.

Don’t let the bastard who tried to steal your childhood take any thing else from you.
You, your partner and children deserve a happy, secure future and I think you can have it. flowers

Crazycakelady17 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:29:16

Thank you both for replying and sleight thank you for your lovely words.
I have a GP appointment booked for Friday and an assessment with a local drug and alcohol support service but that’s not till the beginning of March
Thanks again for the support

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: