Talk

Advanced search

My teenager won't stop drinking alcohol

(7 Posts)
Mammykiki Mon 06-Nov-17 10:08:44

My 13 year old son keeps drinking alcohol and when he drunk he very violent he been arrested 5 times in a few month x we have him goin to matrix but it doesn't seem to be helping and this weekend gone he has been very bad he has assaulted a policeman smashed everything in his room up and terrified me x I feel like iv failed we have tried everything to help him but nothing's worked I really don't know we're we go from here x

Trailedanderror Mon 06-Nov-17 10:16:36

His age is in your favour. You can restrict his money, make sure there's nothing in the house for him to drink and forbid him from going out. What does he say when sober? What has happened with the police?

Mammykiki Tue 07-Nov-17 17:49:44

I don't give him money anymore because ov the drinking and the police have arrested him about 5 times in last fee month and every time he been drunk x he has been sent to youth afending team a few times and done community service x he says he sorry when he sober and then just won't talk about it x

NaiceToMeetYou Tue 07-Nov-17 18:07:44

How is he buying it op? How is school and home for him?

crunchtime Tue 07-Nov-17 18:09:13

How is he obtaining alcohol? Where is the money from? What shop I serving him?

TheVanguardSix Tue 07-Nov-17 18:09:46

Does he want help?

Pluckedpencil Tue 07-Nov-17 18:25:28

I think you need to accept it is way too big to handle on your own. Does he feel secure at home? Does he have routine? Is he going to school? What is his attendance like? Because to me it sounds like the drinking is the tip of the iceberg maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now