Talk

Advanced search

Fiancé secret drinking

(6 Posts)
ENFYS111 Thu 26-Oct-17 09:39:14

My fiancé has been secret drinking for nearly 3 years and I don't know what to do!
We Work and live together in a small family pub (yes worst place to be in this situation) and we have a 7 year old little girl. He has depression and is on 30ml citalopram

SubordinateThatClause Thu 26-Oct-17 09:48:45

I really feel for you - but there is nothing you can do other than talk to him about your concerns. He is the only one who can do anything about it. I know that sounds harsh - I learnt the hard way. Good luck x

ENFYS111 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:53:12

Thanks for your reply, yes I have tried talking, shouting, crying, silence but nothing seems to make a difference.. the only thing that worked but only for a month was moving out to my mums but he has sloped back to his old ways.. it's as if he is punishing himself for something! He is sleeping off a bottle of vodka from last night and I'm left to run our business on my own! x

dorislessingscat Thu 26-Oct-17 13:58:13

He’s an alcoholic running a pub. Not a good scenario. He will kill himself and drag you down with him.

You need to leave.

Wolfiefan Thu 26-Oct-17 13:59:43

A bottle of vodka with depression pills?
Drinking in secret?
Leave.
You can't make someone stop drinking. You can only control your response.

SubordinateThatClause Sun 24-Dec-17 06:02:15

How are things now? Hope you're finding a way through it. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: