Talk

Advanced search

Fiancé secret drinking

(5 Posts)
ENFYS111 Thu 26-Oct-17 09:39:14

My fiancé has been secret drinking for nearly 3 years and I don't know what to do!
We Work and live together in a small family pub (yes worst place to be in this situation) and we have a 7 year old little girl. He has depression and is on 30ml citalopram

SubordinateThatClause Thu 26-Oct-17 09:48:45

I really feel for you - but there is nothing you can do other than talk to him about your concerns. He is the only one who can do anything about it. I know that sounds harsh - I learnt the hard way. Good luck x

ENFYS111 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:53:12

Thanks for your reply, yes I have tried talking, shouting, crying, silence but nothing seems to make a difference.. the only thing that worked but only for a month was moving out to my mums but he has sloped back to his old ways.. it's as if he is punishing himself for something! He is sleeping off a bottle of vodka from last night and I'm left to run our business on my own! x

dorislessingscat Thu 26-Oct-17 13:58:13

He’s an alcoholic running a pub. Not a good scenario. He will kill himself and drag you down with him.

You need to leave.

Wolfiefan Thu 26-Oct-17 13:59:43

A bottle of vodka with depression pills?
Drinking in secret?
Leave.
You can't make someone stop drinking. You can only control your response.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now