Talk

Advanced search

I need to change

(4 Posts)
Adifferentway Fri 22-Sep-17 17:33:26

Over the last two years, I've been drinking increasingly more. Started when my mum was taken into hospital as was caring for her at home in difficult circumstances. I recall the first night she was gone, I went and bought wine and felt a sense of relief at not having the responsibility for a few nights. Got up to a bottle of wine a night, drinking on my own. Over the last six months, I've started to react badly when drinking wine and end up a crying, emotional mess. I gave it up for a few weeks but have crept up to daily drinking again. If I can't sort this out, I'm afraid for the future of my new marriage. I've emotionally hurt my husband badly twice this week and he's given up a lot for us.

He said this morning, when you are sober you are lovely. When your not, I don't recognise you.

We run a pub together so I will need to be very strong to deal with this. Help me please.

ssd Fri 22-Sep-17 17:37:49

Theres a thread here where you will get great support

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/3029224-The-Brave-Babes-Battle-Bus-Go-Sober-For-October

ssd Sun 24-Sep-17 19:43:41

you're welcome

Adifferentway Fri 06-Oct-17 08:06:23

Thank you SSD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now