Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice please

(5 Posts)
shortamdsweet Sun 15-Jan-17 02:30:11

As the name change suggests. I'm going to put this in short, sharp sentences so please bear with me.

Recently got a teaching job after being a mature student. Mature as in late 30s. Not been drinking as much as I did. Bottle of wine a night for a good 8 years before I started my job. Now about half to three quarters every night. Need to cut down. Don't want to completely stop. Just weekends. How do I do that? Can't just stop. Think it'll be horrendous. I have to not be in withdrawal for my job. How do I cut down? Advice please.

Sorry about the post. I just needed to get it all out without a big long story.

shortamdsweet Sun 15-Jan-17 02:31:07

Stupid typo in the name!! Shortandsweet might have been better. blush

BToperator Sun 15-Jan-17 02:44:01

A trip to your GP might be a good place to start. Good luck with giving up. At least you have decided you need to make a change. That is a good start.

shortandsweet1 Sun 15-Jan-17 02:52:32

I'm scared to go to the GP until I've cut down. I chickened out on a blood test a few months ago, related to something completely unrelated, because I didn't want them to give me my liver results.

BToperator Sun 15-Jan-17 14:23:07

I think you need to take a deep breath and just do it! The alternative is that you just carry on as you are, wishing you could change things, and it doesn't sound like that is getting you very far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now