Talk

Advanced search

Exhausted stressed mum want to stop drinking

(9 Posts)
Chelsea1609 Mon 08-Aug-16 20:24:30

Hi everyone, so new to this actually my first ever post on mums net but here goeshmm

Walked to my local aa meeting today after telling other half I needed a walk for some fresh air it's summer hols & I have 3 beautiful kids daughter age9, sons age 5 & 1 I am stressed exhausted & fed up slightly lonely & 2 days of not drinking alcohol which usually is a bottle of wine a day could drink more at times 🤐 But feeling so shit & guilty about this miserable horrible shouty mother I'm becoming I love my children their my world & really hate myself at the mo! The person I've become hence the not drinking so far for 2 days & the unsuccessful trip to aa as I couldn't go inside really wanted to but just couldn't fear of the Unknown I guess also the shame.shock

Drinking for me has just become a habit boredom loneliness do have a partner but he's at work all the time then gym etc... Me me me so much that I've started to resent him really & can't even enjoy his company without a drink but I want to stop!! I guess I'm a secret drinker too my very few friends I don't see much so when I do it's normal for us to polish down a bottle of wine anyway would love to hear anyone with advice & support with similar issues being a mum is so hard shoot me for saying this & trust me I feel guilty for my feelings everyday as I adore my beauties, but tedious boring amounts of cleaning cooking washing (especially summer hols) kids moaning all day fighting with each other even when I've spent a fortune on s fun day out (for them of course) would takes its toll on any living being & out comes the wine for that lonely exhausted night.sad

Anyway here goes day 3 tomorrow👍 I've read over & over again that 1 day at a time is key.blush
smile xx

micemicebabies Mon 08-Aug-16 20:56:39

Don't have any advice, just wanted to say that you're doing great, good luck with day three xxx

Chelsea1609 Mon 08-Aug-16 21:19:58

Thank you smilexx

Laylajoh Tue 09-Aug-16 10:29:18

I feel all of you as a family need to spend some lovely time on a holiday. Next, talk to your husband what you are not happy about in your relationship. Good luck and stay on the right track!

micemicebabies Tue 09-Aug-16 10:44:48

I agree with Layla about speaking to your husband. Hopefully he will be able to help you get through this.

How are you feeling today?

Chelsea1609 Tue 09-Aug-16 19:31:05

Thank you & we are going on a family holiday unfortunately not until Christmas but really am in need of 1.,, good news is I'm feeling ok today still exhausted had a day out with my sister & her children to a theme park we had a fab day.., I think an early night is on the cards no wine 👏👏!! once kidos finally settlehmm.

I agree that I need to talk to other half when I actually have a clear head & he's home from work as he isn't yet! Once he is I'll probably be curled up in bed with baby & will have no interest in starting a convo confused

micemicebabies Wed 10-Aug-16 20:58:59

Hello! Glad to hear yesterday went well! Sounds like a really nice day out.

How's today been? Did you get a chance to talk to your DH?

Sorry for not replying quicker, I don't have Internet outside the house and been out building up IKEA furniture all day. I'm ready to collapse haha.

vxa2 Thu 11-Aug-16 22:15:23

Hi chelsea come on over to the Dry 14 board if you fancy. It's for those of us who have stopped drinking or are trying to stop. The support there is fantastic. I would not have got as far as I have without the lovely ladies there. Take care. You can do this but it's a hell of a lot easier if you have support. smile

Amyp1981 Sun 28-Aug-16 21:02:50

I really feel for you, I feel exactly the same, I have 4 children and I love them all dearly. I have known for a while that I've been drinking far too much and that it's now affecting the way I am with them during the day... The problem is that I'm so stressed all day I spend from lunch time onwards thinking about wine. I'm so ashamed I don't know where to turn and I don't think I could bare to tell any of my friends or husband that I think I have a problem. I hate my self every morning. I hope you continue to do well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now