Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried selincro?

(7 Posts)
Uniqueusernamesarehardtofind Fri 20-May-16 08:15:01

Just that. Any feedback? I read that you can feel sick after the first 6-10 pills - how bad is it? In general, did it work? Are you glad you tried it?

Nicnak6868 Fri 20-May-16 09:44:58

I'm currently using it and I'm one of the lucky ones that have no side effects.Been on it about 6 weeks and not really seen any reduction in my drinking but it can take months to see improvement

deborah2081 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:33:01

Hi there,

I ordered Selincro from Pharmacy2U - they were great albeit expensive (£68 for 14 pills this included online prescription). I really just wanted to be able to stop at a couple of glasses of wine instead of craving more wine and ending up a sloppy mess! I took a tablet prior to a girl's lunch which normally descends into lots of vino. I felt sooo ill right from the get go I did not enjoy the food or the alcohol in fact had one glass of wine and switched to Lime & Soda (unheard of for me!). I felt spaced out and had the most shocking night's sleep where I tossed and turned and woke up feeling hungover and dry mouthed despite only drinking one glass. I will persevere though and take half a tablet next time as I have to say I DO NOT have any wish to drink wine or anything alcoholic and by Friday I'm gagging for some as,apart from the odd girly lunch, I don't drink Mon through to Thursday so come Friday I can't wait to get that bottle open and now it's the furthest thing from my mind. Still feel a bit crap though from taking one tablet exactly 48 hours ago.

Nicnak6868 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:45:59

Hi
You are not supposed to split selincro as they have a protective coating and could make you feel worse.Try to persevere as the side effects get a lot better.
Alternatively you could try naltrexone which is what they precribe in the US for the Sinclair method and it's very much cheaper

deborah2081 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:06:21

Ahh, thanks for that. I did read that you weren't supposed to split selincro but thought that it would only cause skin sensitivity so I wore plastic gloves. It's really just a back up plan as I've done really well on the Georgia Foster Drinkless Mind programme but sometimes have the odd blip.

Nicnak6868 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:23:22

I go on a site called end of my addiction with other medically assisted ways of reducing drinking.You might find it helpful

deborah2081 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:51:08

Thanks, will do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now