Am I dependant or over-thinking?

(4 Posts)
tryhard Thu 03-Mar-16 18:24:03

I guess I'm posting here because I fear I am dependent but then I wonder if I'm over-thinking. I love the taste of wine but now drink prosecco as it has less of an affect on me & I prefer the taste. I can easily drink a bottle of fizz (not wine, I'd feel far too hung over if I drank a bottle of wine) and will do a bottle on Fri & Sat night. I find it a struggle not to drink during the week, but unless I'm having a hard week I try not to because I want to drink at the weekend. I find I really crave wine at the same time every day - when I'm making tea for DC or when DH & I are waiting for a takeaway at the weekend. So this suggests habit? When I don't drink, I feel much clearer, better for it. I've recently lost 2 stone & eat very well so consider myself healthy aside from the drink. Is this a problem or am I over-thinking?

hayser33 Fri 04-Mar-16 07:30:57

Hi I don't think your dependant as such I just think it's a habit (one that you enjoy)
I'm the same it's every night when I'm doing the children's dinner I think to myself-gosh I could drink a wine . Alot of my friends say they feel the same .
I find once I get passed 6.30 the feeling passes then I'm happy to sit and drink a soft drink or tea.
Try to keep it to yr weekends but gradually have a bit less -I could easily drink 2 bottles Fri and Sat and sometimes Sunday. I know that is far too much obviously so I've told my partner we will be having one bottle each then I'm gradually going to get it down to half.
I love a drink so I don't want to give up completely but I think when one starts to worry about Alchol consumption there could slowly start to become a problem.
This wine business seems to be a massive issue nowadays!
Try not too worry too much though just be aware and keep yourself busy in the week then on Fridays you can enjoy it (moderately smile) x

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Fri 04-Mar-16 07:47:12

Tryhard I'm exactly the same... Prosecco I can scoff a bottle but wine I'm sloshed after 2 glasses!
We try to just drink at the weekends so we can look forward to relaxing and don't have stress following day.
I eat really well and go to the gym 4 X per week.

Rachcakes Wed 10-Aug-16 21:17:20

I was talking about wine to my physio, as I could do to lose a bit of weight. She told me its the sugar in wine that is addictive.
That makes sense to me, as I can have one or two G&Ts or beers and leave it at that, but I find it hard to stop drinking wine and always finish the bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now