Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Good recovering alcoholic blogs?

(6 Posts)
PressEscape Mon 13-Jul-15 16:28:34

After about twenty years of alcohol dependency, and all the problems that's brought, I realise that I am an alcoholic and have decided to stop. It's Day 2 today.

Can anyone recommend any interesting blogs written by women that could provide support or inspiration, please?

Thanks all.

tribpot Mon 13-Jul-15 16:54:33

This is a good question - and would make a good 'sticky post' for the section I think.

Have you checked out our own Brave Babes and DRY threads? Not quite a blog but a daily source of information and inspiration.

I've seen other posters recommend Sober Recovery but again this is a forum rather than a blog.

I googled and found this blog and this blog recommended, must have a read of them myself.

If you haven't read Rachel's Holiday I heartily recommend it - Marian knows her shit when it comes to recovery.

In terms of real life support, are you engaged with your GP? This is well worth it in my experience - your long term recovery will depend on a willingness to admit your problem out loud and in real life. If that's too scary for today, though - park it for a little while.

The book that really helped me (and I know I say this on many threads but it's true) was this one.

Woolyback Wed 15-Jul-15 19:36:26

Hi press escape I'm looking for some recovery blogs too as like you I'm an alcoholic that wants to stop. Good luck with your recovery. Stay strong.

Ledare Thu 16-Jul-15 03:29:31

I can't link from my phone but Google Mrs D Is Going Without. Her name is Lotta Dann and she has written a book by the same name.

There is a Mrs D sister blog called Living Sober which is more of a community one and is great for practical stuff smile

tribpot Thu 16-Jul-15 07:20:10

Mrs D is Going Without

Living Sober

Caramelslice Fri 04-Dec-15 12:39:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now