Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go...

(18 Posts)
Kewcumber Sat 31-Oct-09 22:13:14

Can you beleive it was three years since I started that thread on my way to Kazakhstan?! I left exactly three years ago today, I just reread the thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/adoptions/231439-all-my-bags-are-packed-i-m-ready-to-go?pg=1 with tears in my eyes. I wanted to thank all the lovely MN'ers who were so kind as to be interested in our journey and the fabby fabby fabby west london MN'ers who sent me out an emergency parcel when I was stuck out there for Xmas and New year.

Thank you all.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 01-Nov-09 00:10:14

bless you Kew

moshchops Sun 08-Nov-09 00:49:12

Kew, grin

A whole three years -- hard to believe.

and quick <snurk> at confident "will be there about 6 weeks" statement early in that thread...

Kewcumber Mon 09-Nov-09 11:29:19

yes I reread my blog over the weekend and I did have a bit of a titter at some of my statements. Though to be fair I still hold the record for the longest adoption journey to KAz (or even anywhere I think). I also thought that I might go back and editorialise it - I said in my blog that DS was "a bit small" but what I didn't say was that he was a tiny 26 week premmie - 2lbs at birth so all the "oh its quite normal for them to be a bit small" comments were way way irrelevant!

beemail Mon 09-Nov-09 18:33:25

Yes I stopped telling people that ours was a 2lb premmie when I saw their reaction - all this with no incubator either!
Lovely healthy girl now though if still a little petite.
Mine can't believe I left Daddy and "lived in India" for 3 mths when waiting for them (cholera outbreak, monsoon amongst other difficulties) - as we've said before though that drive and determination should stay with us!

Indith Mon 09-Nov-09 18:48:09

I saw the title and my first though was of your old thread Photos on your profile are just lovely. Those eyes! The drive, determination and strength of all the adoptive parents out there is amazing.

lisalisa Mon 09-Nov-09 18:50:35

I also thought of your old thread kew - that was a truyly inspriational read at the time - felt like we were all living it with you- one of hte MN great threads

Kewcumber Mon 09-Nov-09 22:43:21

I'm slightly shock at the thought it was a MN great thread - I missed most of it grin

Beemail I only tell people about his prematurity now (occasionally) to see the shock on their face as they look at him - bright active normal (well as normal as 4 yr olds ever get!).

No incubator here either!

beemail Tue 10-Nov-09 19:48:36

Four now! It goes so fast doesn't it - school next year then?

Kewcumber Wed 11-Nov-09 09:23:34

oh lordy don;t say that - I can;t beleive I'm submitting school applications now!

ZZZenAgain Wed 11-Nov-09 09:28:21

was it really that long ago?! I remember your thread well.

Good to hear things are going well

twofalls Wed 11-Nov-09 09:32:10

Kew, just peaked at your photos. He is absolutely gorgeous smile.

MuffinToptheMule Wed 11-Nov-09 11:01:32

Kewcumber - I wasn't a member of mumsnet when your journey with Daniel first began. I have just read your whole blog from start to finish and have been blubbing all morning.
I am so happy for you and Daniel, he looks like a very happy boy.

posieparker Wed 11-Nov-09 11:04:33

Bloody hell, what with this and the two minute silence I am such an emotional wreck!

thatsnotmymonster Wed 11-Nov-09 11:07:06

I followed your journey 3 years ago! I cried! Daniel is gorgeous.

Very happy for you smile

posieparker Wed 11-Nov-09 11:17:03

And Congratulations, he look delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now