Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Nice adoption cards ?

(8 Posts)
CMOTdibbler Thu 17-Sep-09 12:53:25

One of my nice customers told me this week that she has just been approved to adopt. I know it could be sometime before this happens, but having had problems finding adoption cards before, I thought I'd find out in advance where was a good place to buy them.

Any ideas, or do I just get one made as appropriate. Last time I just managed to find an appropriate card, but that was a newborn, and this time is likely to be a sibling group

Kewcumber Thu 17-Sep-09 13:34:58

I wouldn;t bother - just get a suitable "congratulations" card which is blank inside and write and appropriate message.

CMOTdibbler Thu 17-Sep-09 14:43:51

Do you think so ? Maybe I have previously over thought the matter, but wanted the adoptive mum (and dad in this case) to feel that the arrival of their children in their lives was marked really specially by others, just as I wouldn't use a normal congrats card when a baby was born into a family

Kewcumber Thu 17-Sep-09 14:55:35

well personally I didn't object to non-adoption cards . I was chuffed that anyone had made the effort at all!

If its important to you personally to make that extra effort then why not try personalising a congratulations card on Moonpig. I know Hallmark do some but I've never rated them very highly.

GoldenSnitch Thu 17-Sep-09 14:57:13

Getting one made might be easier if you had a roundh idea what you wanted?

bran Thu 17-Sep-09 15:02:40

The adoption UK website has some, but they're a bit blah IMO. We got quite a few "congratulations on your son/daughter" or just plain "congratulations" cards. Just avoid the baby references (stork, nappies etc) if they adopt an older child.

PortAndLemon Thu 17-Sep-09 15:04:41

Go to www.moonpig.com -- most of the wording on most of their cards is customisable.

(Have just noticed that Kew recommended Moonpig already, but what the heck)

CMOTdibbler Thu 17-Sep-09 15:08:55

I'll do Moonpig when the time comes then.

This person has been so nice to me, and has been more sensitive about the miscarriages than many of my friends, that I want to make an extra effort for her.

For my US colleague I got congratulations on your.. cards, but she adopted one at a time and one was a newborn, so it was easier to find something appropriate each time, avoiding the stork for her first child who was a toddler

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now