Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

I have a secret!

(20 Posts)
Flower3545 Sun 23-Aug-09 11:24:50

I know who our current lo's new mummy and daddy will besmile

They have no idea they have been chosen and won't for some weeks yet but lo's social worker has been out to see us and has given us the information, just the bare bones of course but it is very excitingsmile

maryz Sun 23-Aug-09 21:58:30

Congratulations on making yet another family so happy. I will be forever grateful to ds and dd's foster parents who gave them such a good start in life.

I am in awe of all foster parents. It must be gut-wrenching to give these babies away having cared for them since birth.

How long have you had lo?

Flower3545 Mon 24-Aug-09 06:06:13

Sorry mary for not replying earlier. This lo is 9 weeks old now and I collected her from hospital the day she was born.

We have had a difficult time with her between colic and eczema but she seems to be improving (fingers crossed emoticon) and becoming a happy smiley baby.

It is a strange feeling knowing there is a couple a few miles away who know nothing about her yet and whose whole world is about to change forever.

Can I ask what ran through your mind when you discovered you had been chosen to be a new mum?

NanaNina Mon 24-Aug-09 17:58:56

flower 3545 - I'm so glad you have done so well with the baby you are fostering and it will surely be a wrench to let the baby go. Incidentally I'm not sure about the wisdom of such a post. Everything to do with fostering and adoption should be 100% confidential. You just never know if some prospective adoptors are on MN and are now wondering if it is them. Maybe this is the first time you are moving a baby on to adoption and it is exciting for you, but I don't think the SSD would be very happy about posting this on the internet.

maryz Mon 24-Aug-09 22:08:12

nananina, most people on the adoption board know that flower has been fostering for a while and has seen a number of babies through the process. The world is big enough, I think, for no-one to wonder "is it us".

ds1 was 9 weeks and 2 days when he came to us - I remember the feeling when we got the phone call, because I had almost given up on getting a baby, and had stopped jumping every time the phone rang.

I remember hearing the words, we have a little boy for you... and then just sitting down on the stairs and bursting into tears. I had to cut the conversations short, and then ring back because I wasn't sure it wasn't a joke. Then I had to ring dh and he thought something awful had happened because I just couldn't talk.

Flower3545 Tue 25-Aug-09 08:04:34

NanaNina, I'm sorry my post upset you but I tend to agree with mary. I've been a foster mum for over 20 years and moved on so many babies that I was simply curious as to what goes on in a prospective adopters mind when they get "the call".

As for SSD not being happy with my post, well so be it I'm afraid. I haven't given any names or localities so the post is as vague as I can make it.

mary, your post sent goosebumps down my arms, I hope "my" couple are just as excited in the not too distant future.

mamadiva Tue 25-Aug-09 08:27:27

Flower you making dreams come true again

I've said it before and I will say it again people like you never cease to amaze me with your bravery and kindness!

I can't imagine how great it must be to finally get that phonecall when you are so desperate for it and in the seconds it takes to say those words your world is changed forever!

Well when/if you need support to get through the process remember to keep us posted and we will try to cheer you up

Flower3545 Tue 25-Aug-09 08:41:07

mamadivagrin how are you? Haven't spoken to you for ages!

It's not just my bravery and kindness mama, oh no sirreee, it's my ability, hidden talent if you will, to stay awake for ever and everwink
Seriously this lo must have been a vampire in an earlier life, sleeps all day and awake all nighthmm

She is becoming a little poppet though, I thought just this morning as she snuggled right up to my chest rubbing her face against my top, oh she is lovely, until I realised she was just trying to scratch the eczema on her foreheadgrin

Thank you for your kind offer of support, I will be taking you up on thatsmile

lijaco Thu 17-Sep-09 12:46:17

Hi

I think that it is fab that you care so well for these babies and I am very happy that they are going to adoptive parents who want a child so badly. I think that these babies are absolutely being saved from awful life styles if they were not taken into care. However some Mums are so damaged and vulnerable that they don't get the chance to look after their own little ones. It is also at the cost of heartbreak.

heverhoney1 Tue 22-Sep-09 12:51:20

Flower - It is not just the couple whose world will change for the better. My sister and bro in-law have been approved prospective adopters for what seems like an eternity! There is a whole family here and waiting for that phone call! And when it happens I shall be the proudest auntie in the world!!!

bratley Tue 22-Sep-09 12:58:04

I'm grinning as I'm reading this thread!
I hope everything goes well for you, the LO and her new family.
What a lovely secret you have smile

Rindercella Tue 22-Sep-09 12:59:45

Flower, I think you are incredible. Just that really, I have nothing of note to add smile

claricebeansmum Tue 22-Sep-09 13:03:39

I am crying with happiness. Which is a bit ridiculous TBH but I just can't believe that out there are a couple who have been through the mill and all their dreams are about to come through.

Flower3545 you are a truly amazing woman grin

Flower3545 Tue 22-Sep-09 16:11:42

Aw shucksblush thanks you lot smile

I've actually met them since my first post, they can't see lo until it's been to panel so they still have a little while to wait but they are so lovely, it is going to be a wrench, yet again, to move lo on but having met them I just know she will be soooo loved.

bratley Tue 22-Sep-09 17:36:24

I can't believe I'm sat here getting all goey and goosebumpy, feeling really happy for 2 complete strangers I'll never know!
I hope they're everything that little girl deserves smile

mehdismummy Tue 22-Sep-09 17:43:33

i have ears in my eyes oo, never posed on his b4 or met u flower but what a unselfish kind big heared lady you are. you ruly r an angel xxx

mehdismummy Tue 22-Sep-09 17:44:38

oops that was meant to read tears in my eyes not ears!!! lol at ears in my eyes!!!!

mehdismummy Tue 22-Sep-09 17:45:17

bugger what happened to my ts!!!

o wow what a special and amazing thing to do

mrswill Tue 22-Sep-09 20:30:59

Brilliant news Flower. Its so nice to hear of a positive outcome! What a lucky baby and parents, you are a special special woman.

I bumped into a man shopping today and he had his gorgeous 11 week old foster daughter with him, and i thought of you, i hope she gets the same outcome. I hope the other lo you had last time is doing well with her parents too. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now