Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

I met some of DD's birth family today and it was lovely, a really positive experience for both sides

(9 Posts)
bran Thu 02-Jul-09 20:04:54

That's it really. DD was placed with us a few months ago but for various timing reasons Social Services only managed recently to arrange a meeting.

I didn't meet either of her birth parents but I did meet some of her extended birth family. It was very good, I was able to ask lots of questions about her background, any hereditary health problems, her birth mother's personality, likes and dislikes etc. Her birth family seemed reassured that she was well settled and very much loved. We all got on pretty well together.

I was a little nervous about it beforehand but on the whole it was very worthwhile doing. It does leave me even more sad that I never managed to do the same with DS's birth family though.

edam Thu 02-Jul-09 20:06:27

Oh, so glad it went well!

troutpout Thu 02-Jul-09 20:13:42

oh thats lovely smile

numal Fri 03-Jul-09 22:49:53

You are lucky in one way to have such an opportunity to meet your DD's birth family. So glad it went well. When adoption is handled in a sensitive and caring way, with the needs of the child being the first priority then everyone concerned with the child is a winner. Congratulations.

monkeyfacegrace Fri 03-Jul-09 22:56:04

I have no knowledge of adoption, but from the sounds of it your dd is very lucky to have ended up with parents like you.

bran Sat 04-Jul-09 13:51:09

Actually it's the opposite monkeygacegrace, we are extrodinarily lucky to have her and DS. grin

monkeyfacegrace Sat 04-Jul-09 13:57:59

My point proved x

chegirl Sat 04-Jul-09 16:43:20

Brilliant. i am so pleased for you. It makes such a difference. I wish we could have a decent relationship with b.mum. or her parents/siblings. Sadly v.unlikely.

I am really glad it went well for you. Well done for making it happen.

Kewcumber Sun 05-Jul-09 20:00:46

oh how nice, I'd love to be able to meet DS's birth family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now