Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Adoption cards

(10 Posts)
ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 06-Sep-08 16:03:56

I have been in numerous shops to buy a card for a child who is about to get an adopted sibling and there are none! I have seen a card on becoming a big sister but that is no good as it has a baby on the front and the child being adopted is past the dummy stage. Anyone know where I can get a card from please?

StealthPolarBear Sat 06-Sep-08 16:06:03

I was just about to post to say I've seen them but I didn't realise you wanted one for the sister!
Have you tried one of the websites that let you customise cards? moonpig?

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 06-Sep-08 16:13:12

moonpig - nothing. sad

Sawyer64 Sat 06-Sep-08 16:21:36

We have a Hallmark card programme,where I make all my cards. There are quite a few adoption ones.

Maybe I could E Mail you one,and then if you had some card you could try printing it out?unless you want to go and buy the programme.Comes in useful at times like this!

PheasantPlucker Sat 06-Sep-08 18:58:53

BAAF sell Christmas cards - do they maybe sell others? (Not sure myself, just a thought....)

mumwhereareyou Sat 06-Sep-08 20:01:57

Adoption UK sell adoption cards, so could be worth having a look there.

PheasantPlucker Sat 06-Sep-08 22:34:22

I think I might have meant Adoption UK, not BAAF!!!! Sorry!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 08-Sep-08 12:51:42

Adoption UK has a really difficult site to load and unfortunately no suitable cards. sad

KristinaM Mon 08-Sep-08 13:58:18

most adoption cards are for the new parenst rather than siblings

why don't you look for a blank card with a suitable picture on the front? I've seen quite a few with black and white photos of children. Or one that says best wishes or congratulations and you can add inside ...on becoming a big sister

if the new big sister is quite young you could get a card of whatever she likes eg dora or bob the builder and write the appropriate words inside

i think its a lovely idea to send her a card smile if you include a bar or chocolate/sweets or some small stickers it will be even better grin

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 08-Sep-08 16:36:03

I really want a specific card. Just spent ages trying to send an initial e-card to the parents but none will go through.

There's obviously a market out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now