Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Should I, or shouldn't I (with regards to searching!)

(5 Posts)
jofeb04 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:05:50

As some of you may know, I have been searching for my biological mum.

So, on facebook, there is a guy there with same surname and with large family (that I know is similar to birth mum).

This matches friends reunited.

So, question is do I message him to ask if he is related or not, and if so, how do i word it?

Thanks

X-posted in relationships as well.

donovan Wed 23-Jul-08 21:11:36

I would have to be quite sure, before I put myself and my 'mother' through that. What if she hadn't told anyone. I would of thought facebook would be to exposing for your mother and you, in what might be a fragile relationship. That is worded weirdly, but I hope you get what I mean.

jofeb04 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:12:57

It's not her, I think it is her brother. Was thinking of saying something along the lines of My cousin lived on her road etc. Was not going to say that I am related at all.

donovan Wed 23-Jul-08 21:59:15

I miss understood Jo, sorry. You would have to word it very carefully.

moocowme Wed 15-Oct-08 20:06:26

yes what you suggest sounds good. if you get a reply from him you should be able to guage how interested he is in going further.

what i would say is don't spin a big lie around why you are wanted to ask him things. sail as narrowly to the truth as possible without mentioning the real relationship.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now