Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Moving light at the end of the tunnel(7 Posts)
Our introductions were scheduled to start this Wednesday. We had our fingers crossed and all seemed to still go ahead. Until this afternoon when we got a call from our SW, "postponed indefinitely with a review in three weeks". So close, yet so far away.
After jumping through all the hoops, ticking the boxes, praise from family finder and social worker and unanimous decisions at adoption and matching panel we have another obstacle to take; Covid-19.
You could not make this 💩 up. What great timing.
It's child focused and done in the best interest of the child, we get that. We really do. But we can't help but feel overwhelmed by a wave of feelings of disappointment, anger, frustration, powerlessness and drained all at the same time. It'll pass but the uncertainty of the situation and knowing that things will get worse for the foreseeable future doesn't really lift our spirits at the moment. We're stuck and all we can hope for is that in three weeks time the decision will be more favourable.
Thanks for letting us vent here. Rant over. Off to scream in a pillow, go for a run and have one stiff drink (at home!) not necessarily in that order.
That’s such a shame. So sorry to hear that, all good wishes for three weeks time
I'm so sorry to hear that. The uncertainty is really hard to deal with.
Your post was my worst nightmare but we have started intros today on an accelerated schedule and it's really tough. There's no good solution to what is happening but I think a short delay is maybe better than what we're doing.
I hope you can proceed in 3 weeks, use the time to get ready as much as possible and enjoy each others company.
They must have been briefed about Johnson's announcement, especially with the three week timescale. I'm in a similar position, my transition has been paused. I've been devastated about it. However, it's not just about what's best for the child, it's about ensuring the safety of everyone involved.
Let's hope that in two weeks or so we start to see the number of infections going down, so that we can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel and can move things forward. Thinking of you. (PS when I had my conversation with my SW last week I hung up the phone, paced for a bit and then let out the most almighty scream of frustration. You're not alone).
I totally get the moving light at the end of the tunnel. It's absolutely exhausting holding on to hope that things will work out when history says something will come up. Our journey is too complicated to go in to here but covid-19 Is only making it worse and more draining.
Having been through all the intro process, which for us was like running a marathon at usain bolt speed -it would have been naturally disappointing & gutting to have covid 19 crop up. But trust me, you'll be glad of the forced R&R
So hard to have to wait knowing your babies are out there. Waiting a few weeks will be so much better than a rushed intros though. X
Please login first.