Talk

Advanced search

Jeremy Hardy

(7 Posts)
Kewcumber Sat 02-Feb-19 08:21:22

"Birth parents sometimes like to cook and eat the placenta. Of course that option isn't open to adoptive parents, but they might like to consider cooking and eating their social worker."

In case you couldn't guess, Jeremy Hardy was an adoptive parent and s very funny man. So sad, he was only a few years older than me.

OP’s posts: |
PoppyStellar Sat 02-Feb-19 09:18:36

I didn’t know he was an adoptive parent. He was one of my favourite comedians, and featured on my teenage list of ‘slightly odd people to have a bit of a crush on’.

Really sad news.

funmummy48 Sat 02-Feb-19 09:22:45

I loved his "rants" in the News Quiz. He had me in stitches! What a loss.

Kewcumber Sat 02-Feb-19 11:06:10

@PoppyStellar - lots of people don't know which is why I wanted to mention it specifically to the community here. That lots of people don't know is right and proper I think, and I was heartened to read an obituary which mentioned in passing that he had adopted with his first wife and thereafter referred to his daughter as his daughter rather than the rather squirm inducing "adopted" daughter.

OP’s posts: |
donquixotedelamancha Tue 05-Feb-19 16:27:09

I saw him live, with hindsight it must have been one of his last ever gigs, but you'd never have known. He was superbly funny.

Rainatnight Wed 06-Feb-19 20:29:01

Thanks for telling is, Kew. I thought he was great and hadn't known that about him.

And I do feel like cooking a social worker at the moment, albeit DS's and not mine!

topcat2014 Sun 10-Feb-19 19:20:05

I saw him live many years back - even though my politics is the other flavour. Enjoyed the news quiz etc. Nice fact to find out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in