Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Stage 2 training

(7 Posts)
topcat2014 Tue 12-Jun-18 22:21:41

We are meeting our Stage 2 SW this week.
We are booked on three days of training later in the year, in the next 'county'.

Would anyone like to sum up, briefly, what the home visit training consisted of?

I know it is a number of weekly visits (16?), but how long was each, - individual / together etc,

thanks,

LaLaLands Tue 12-Jun-18 22:35:03

We had about 8 visits as part of stage 2, about an hour and a half each. Each session had a focussed topic. First two were individual sessions to talk about our childhood, then the rest were joint sessions. We went through our relationship, our fertility journey, our finances, our parenting knowledge and experience with children, work. Then the last session(s) focusssed on our knowledge of children’s backgrounds and what we felt we could manage.

It’s pretty much going through the stage 1 workbook, if you had to write one!

topcat2014 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:30:35

Thanks @LaLaLands, - appreciated,

topcat2014 Thu 14-Jun-18 21:41:24

So, we met our stage 2 SW, and booked in dates for the meetings. Not as many as I thought. Looks like panel at the start of October,, which is great when you include the effect of summer break.

DLouise2004 Fri 15-Jun-18 23:42:01

Hi guys I have just been told today we are through to stage 2 so wanted to say hi and interested on any advice anyone has around reading and prep x

topcat2014 Sun 17-Jun-18 20:23:46

@DLouise2004 - Ace!!

This is where it starts to feel a little more 'real', don't you think.

I am reading a Dan Hughes book, which I previously posted a message about as being too academic.

Now I am well into it! But it still has words I don't know..

Felt a bit happier about broadcasting our plans to wider friendship now.

DLouise2004 Sun 17-Jun-18 20:46:00

Yes I agree @topcat2014 it does feel a lot more real! We told family this weekend about stage 2 and everyone so excited.

Also started to look at finances and what we need to do to the house so after our hol are going to start getting prepared.

Just finished a book around sibling adoption and also a guide to adoptive parenting so trying to top up my knowledge when I can. Are you signing up to a by training workshops? Do you know the age range you are looking for? X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: