Talk

Advanced search

It may be the wrong place but can anyone help trying to find a lost friend?

(7 Posts)
LeMesmer Sat 21-Apr-18 00:15:07

We are group of women desperately to find a friend who who worked with us
more than 30 years ago l. Our friend was adopted, probably around 1970, after being in local authority care and then fostered by the family who adopted her. I wondered if there was someway I could access a list of adopted children, not their birth names, but their adopted names. E.g. Susan Smith was adopted by the Smith family in 1970. I know her adopted name, but not where exactly where she was was adopted. If I knew where it would really help to track her down.

I know this is not what this forum is for, but we are desperate to find her we are looking at any ideas tjatbmwynhril

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 21-Apr-18 06:29:55

I am not sure you will be given any details as you are not family. If you know the county she was adopted through you could approach the council adoption team.

LeMesmer Sat 21-Apr-18 13:55:55

Thanks Hiding. If anyone remembers the county that may be worth a try.

Ted27 Sat 21-Apr-18 14:25:21

Her adoption is private, confidential information, the LA will not provide you with information.

iamnotstinky Sat 21-Apr-18 14:32:37

I agree with ted27 and also if people are happy to be looked up by people they haven't seen in 30 years, their relevant details are online, on facebook or other.

LeMesmer Sat 21-Apr-18 19:08:39

Its not the details of the adoption, just the town I was looking for. I already know a lot about her adoption, and would never try and find out more than she told me. It is difficult to find her even on Facebook because she had a very common name, and has perhaps changed her name on marrying. The town where she lived would narrow it down. I do appreciate that some people may not want to be found, if we made contact it would be entirely up to her if she wanted that to continue. It was just a thought about finding her home town why I posted here with adoption experts. Sorry if it has offended anyone.

Ted27 Sat 21-Apr-18 19:45:03

I don't think you have offended anyone. Not me anyway.

But even the place of adoption is private and confidential. No local authority is going to give out personal information to a random person making such an enquiry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: