Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

No adoption certificate

(9 Posts)
bostonkremekrazy Thu 14-Dec-17 19:26:03

what nonsense is this....

AO done smile we are now baby's legal parents hurrah...

letter came today confirming everything....i look for the certificate, nowhere in the envelope, and it says in the letter, you can order your first short certificate for a cost of £4....they used to send one with the letter....what a faff! you need this to change names with GP etc.

so now more waiting to make baby 'legal' in everyone else's eyes sad the AO was granted back in November, celebration hearing last week hence the letter.

grrrr.......they have saved themselves £4, woop woop.

hidinginthenightgarden Thu 14-Dec-17 20:21:43

Yes I was disappointed too. And it is the birth certificate you can order for £4. It's not an adoption certificate.

bostonkremekrazy Thu 14-Dec-17 20:57:52

yeah the birth certificate is the short one £4, the longer one is the one which mentions adoption - gives no cost on the letter, but is the one 'you may find for most official purposes that a full adoption certificate will be required'

yuk.....how annoying....so fed up of the old name being called out in public - my older children don't know what it is for security reasons angry

Rainatnight Thu 14-Dec-17 23:37:45

I've given people the adoption order to get DD's name changed. Doctor and dentist so far have accepted it.

bostonkremekrazy Thu 14-Dec-17 23:52:04

GPs request birth cert only - and have done with our prior 3 adoptions.
The NHS should only accept the birth certificate.

Rainatnight Fri 15-Dec-17 09:15:20

Oh, interesting. Maybe my surgery's just really disorganised.

bostonkremekrazy Fri 15-Dec-17 09:50:13

In a bizarre twist of events, my GP surgery has accepted the 'adoption certicate' which is from the celebration day at court....has no real legal meaning, but does bear the court crest grin
Hey ho baby is now GP legal without a birth cert....(but i have just spent a small fortune on several!)

topcat2014 Sat 16-Dec-17 16:31:53

So, what would you normally get?
We're only at the start.
Is there such a thing as an adoption certificate.

Sorry for being thick!

bostonkremekrazy Sat 16-Dec-17 19:37:15

teschnically no,
you get a new birth certificate. but they are entered onto the adopted childrens register, and the long birth certificate mentions adoption - the short doesnt, so its best to get a long & short birth certificate depending what you'll need if for in the future....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: