Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Pre Permanency meeting. What does it entail?

(3 Posts)
darkriver198868 Thu 07-Dec-17 19:55:57

I have been invited to a PrePermanency meeting regarding my DDs future. I am not opposing an adoption and have asked that they be adopted due to declining mental health. I am not sure what happens at these meetings though.

Anxious123 Fri 08-Dec-17 06:54:10

The one I attended a couple of years ago was basically everyone involved in caring for the child sitting down and agreeing that this plan was the best for the child and how to proceed going forwards - so social workers, health visitor, foster carer, your support worker from mental health may be invited. Mine was quite informal but structured

Frozengeranium Fri 08-Dec-17 17:57:32

Nothing helpful to add in terms of your question but just wanted to wish you the best at what must be a difficult time flowers
We are on the other side of the adoption fence, as it were, but have found all of the professionals involved thus far to be supportive, professional and kind. I hope you find them the same and get the best outcome for you and your child.

Lots of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now