Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Nativity disguise!

(15 Posts)
Mintylizzy9 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:12:17

I'm working on the assumption that the same bunch of parents who ignored the no photos rule as last years show will be doing the same this year so rather than DS miss out thought we'd try a costume with a lot of coverage!

Do you think this is enough? 2 years since birth family have seen him, he doesn't look massively different but no longer baby faced.

fatberg Tue 14-Nov-17 18:39:20

Um, that covers all of him but the important bit...

Any scope for a half face mask or something?

Mintylizzy9 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:46:10

That's the problem I don't think he'd keep a mask on! Flirted with the idea of a Father Christmas outfit complete with beard but I fear his antics when provided with a beard would bring more attention than anonymity grin

Gah thought this one would be a good compromise as it looks like it would squish his cheeks a bit and cover his hair so any random Facebook pics it wouldn't be obvious it was him.

Back to amazon I go!

Ted27 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:55:55

Face paint?

cute outfit!

Mintylizzy9 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:16:05

I was thinking that as well Ted, whilst reminiscing on my st tropez face tan disaster 1999. I looked like Magda from something about Mary 😂

DS may be following in my footsteps.

To be honest I'm making the most of the cute stage, he may not be playing ball by next Christmas so I'm milking it this year!

bostonkremekrazy Tue 14-Nov-17 20:34:39

We used a white sheep costume and black face paint smile

Mintylizzy9 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:53:12

😂😂😂😂

Sod it I've ordered rudolf and some face paint 🦌

Ted27 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:08:18

the cute phase may last longer than you think

my 13 year old is currently sporting a gorrila onesie

thomassmuggit Tue 14-Nov-17 21:11:36

Our wise man outfit has a beard, but it's a pita.

Would face paint fool recognition software?

Mintylizzy9 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:33:31

I've ordered face paint that looks to be the same colour brown as the outfit so watch this space....will have a dry run when it all arrives and post a pic if he looks suitably rudolf and in no way like minimint!

Stupidity excited to see him dressed up now!!!

Hoping the hood part plus face paint will fool any software, he doesn't have a 'part' as such too hyper and loud and unpredictable to be picked so will be lurking in the back of most pictures in the shadows hopefully.

bostonkremekrazy Tue 14-Nov-17 22:26:33

my sheep had to crawl across the front of stage - with his shepherd - then sit (with his 1-1)....did he? did he hell.....he crawled around the stage for the entire play, cocked his leg - al-la dog at several places, and generally played up!
He was adorable, and thankfully the other parents thought so too.....I did not stick around for what the teachers thought blush

he was expelled 6 months later!

Enjoy it mintylizzy!

Italiangreyhound Thu 16-Nov-17 01:09:52

Another vote for a beardie wise man!

B1rdonawire Thu 16-Nov-17 12:10:06

Mine categorically WILL NOT dress up at all. Under any circumstances. Runs a mile from hats or any kind of cream never mind face paint. I usually find that by amazing coincidence we have a hospital appointment on every single school play afternoon wink

bostonkremekrazy Wed 22-Nov-17 08:50:22

We now need a rudolf costume too! ....& either a mask or brown face paint ...

And a robin costume!!!!.....i cant sew so off to google!

Mintylizzy9 Wed 22-Nov-17 10:41:20

Well it's arrived!! Will have a trail run at the weekend 😁

Amazon is your friend, rudolf was about 7 pound. I need to stick some pipe cleaners to the antlers as they are floppy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now