Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Newbie on road to adoption

(4 Posts)
Baylis Sun 12-Nov-17 10:21:35

Hi all,

Looking to chat and potentially make friends with others who are in the same boat or have any wise words to give!

Myself and my partner had a visit from an Adoption Agency last week so we are right at the very beginning of the process.

We don’t have any children currently and think we would like to adopt older children - between ages of 2-7, and perhaps a sibling set of up to 2. I’m wondering if anyone on here has experience of adopting a child of around 7 years old?

Hoping this may be a place for me to chat because at the moment we are trying to tell as few people as possible! Feeling a bit nervous but excited at the same time.

Thanks

Flower20166 Sun 12-Nov-17 12:16:33

Feel free to message me anytime! There’s a really good adoption group on facebook too which is supportive. If you want the name just pm me x

Baylis Sun 12-Nov-17 13:17:29

Thanks Flower smile will send you a PM (when I can work out how!)

Roomforanother Mon 20-Nov-17 12:58:47

Hi,

I'm also looking to hear more about people's adoption experiences. Me and DH are considering finding out more information about adoption.

We have 3 birth child, the youngest of which is 3. I'd like to hear from others who are new to the process and also those who have expieneve of being successful in the process despite already having birth children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now