Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Finding my birth father

(2 Posts)
NooNooHead Fri 10-Nov-17 21:52:20

Just wondered how on Earth I can do this?

He was from Hong Kong, a drug addict and according to my birth mother (whom i’ve met a couple of times), all she knows is that he is pretty untraceable as he wevt back to HK and for all we know, he could have died of an overdose.

Not sure how I would really get in touch with him to be honest, as his Chinese surname was the equivalent of Smith, so it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I also doubt the local authority who placed me for adoption would have a clue as they lost my file, and took ages to find it when they were in the process of tracing me for meeting my birth mum... hmm

Anyone had any success with anything like this at all? How did you go about it? And where do I even start?

Any thoughts etc would be really appreciated. grin

Italiangreyhound Fri 10-Nov-17 22:50:50

Please Google and search for After Adoption. They are a place to start having these discussions.

I also wonder if DNA testing may help you to find relatives even if your birth father has, sadly, died.

I do not know for sure any details but Google around and see.

www.dna-testing-adviser.com/Find-Birth-Parents.html

You have so little to go on but if you wish to pursue this please speak to charities and organisations who can help for free, before paying for expensive services.

Good luck.but also think carefully if you really wish to pursue this, if you do, please take advice. Your father may be alive but not wanting to meet, an invalide, may e even I'm prison based on what you say. So be careful.

But best of luck. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now