Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

How long did you wait for ADM letter?

(7 Posts)
whyioughtta Sat 28-Oct-17 11:25:43

Just that really. Our panel was almost three weeks ago & still haven't received our ADM letter... they'd said a week or so. Beginning to get worried they've changed their mind!

PoolMummy5 Sat 28-Oct-17 12:59:09

Ours took ages. Don’t worry.

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 28-Oct-17 15:50:09

It took a couple of weeks for the letter to arrive but we heard off the social worker just a week later that it had been confirmed.

donquixotedelamancha Sat 28-Oct-17 19:21:15

My understanding is (if you are england and wales) the ADM only has two weeks to make the decision.

I think our letter took a while, but your SW should have let you know by now. Surely you must be about to start intros? Unless you are talking about approval panel- they are a bit less urgent, so perhaps more reasonable that the SW might see it as a done deal and not explicitly tell you.

Anyhoo, don't worry- they almost never alter panel decisions and you'd have heard if there was a problem.

Minnie881 Sat 28-Oct-17 19:52:07

Took social worker confirmation 2 weeks... actual letter about 3 months later!!

Rainatnight Sun 29-Oct-17 07:37:12

Agree you'd have heard if there was a problem. If it were me, I'd ask my SW to give it a chase, just in case it had got stuck in the system somewhere.

whyioughtta Sun 29-Oct-17 23:23:57

Thanks for your replies everyone. It's just approval panel not matching so yes less urgent. Sure it's on its way but will give a nudge if we haven't received by end of the week - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now