Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Court hearing tomorrow.

(15 Posts)
Rainatnight Mon 25-Sep-17 20:29:34

Not sure why I'm posting this, just putting it out there with people who'll understand.

First hearing for our DD tomorrow. No idea what'll happen. Don't think BPs will contest (BM seems to have disappeared) but I can't help feeling nervous.

Hmmmm.

RewoB Mon 25-Sep-17 20:38:39

Good luck! Let us know how you get on 💐

Polomintini Mon 25-Sep-17 20:40:20

Good luck. I'm waiting for dates but trying to put it all out of my mind.

PoppyStellar Mon 25-Sep-17 21:03:38

I hope everything goes well. I want to say I'm sure it will but know that is not necessarily the case - although more likely than not it will be fine. Fwiw I remember being a bag of nerves before the first hearing, anxious it might be contested. The reality was much more pedestrian. No contest, SWs got a telling off from the judge for shoddy paperwork. Date for final hearing was set (pending SW paperwork). The whole thing was done and dusted within a few minutes. Still terrifying though! Hope it all goes smoothly for you

Rainatnight Tue 26-Sep-17 09:34:25

Thanks so much, all. Yes, Poppy, I'm sure it'll be as pedestrian as that, but feeling so nervous and weird about all of these people getting in a room to discuss our darling poppet. I felt a bit weepy this morning when I was giving her her bottle.

Rainatnight Tue 26-Sep-17 09:37:54

Ps I know this is all completely irrational and I'm being hmm at myself because today is just a totally normal part of the process. I'm just being emotional. One of my own parents is being pretty horrible to me at the moment and I think it's making me extra protective towards DD because I can't imagine treating her like that and it's making me extra emosh.

Kr1s Tue 26-Sep-17 09:59:11

You are not being irrational, it's a very stressful time. Of course you feel possessive of her and don't want strangers talking about her, it's only natural, she's your child. You want to protect her and for her to have a normal family life. This ( having meetings about her ) isn't normal !

And you have extra stress if someone who should be supporting you is in fact being a PITA. Do you want to talk about PITA parent?

PoppyStellar Tue 26-Sep-17 10:26:29

Totally agree, it's an insanely stressful and emotional time. It was a long time ago for me but I'm pretty sure I remember being a tearful wreck.

Sorry to hear you're having the added stress of your own parent being horrible, that must be hugely upsetting and the last thing you need to have to cope with flowers

Rainatnight Tue 26-Sep-17 16:57:18

Thanks both of you, I really appreciate it. It was adjourned in the end. More fun next month.

Yes, it is stressful and weird. I guess I just meant normal in the weird and wonderful world of adoption!

Thanks for the offer to talk about my parent. It's basically bullying and a bit identifying to anyone who knows me IRL but I really appreciate the offer to chat.

Rainatnight Mon 09-Oct-17 10:09:32

Happening again right now. Keeping everything crossed (that the judge at least shows up this time!)

jingscrivenshelpmaboab Mon 09-Oct-17 10:58:04

Good luck Rain, hope it goes well

Kr1st1na Mon 09-Oct-17 15:28:47

Hope you get the result you want . 🤞🏼

Rainatnight Mon 09-Oct-17 15:38:05

We have an adoption order! Thanks so much, both. I've just indulgently started a shiny new thread.

PoppyStellar Mon 09-Oct-17 15:54:00

Great news! Really pleased for you all

Kr1st1na Mon 09-Oct-17 15:56:50

fabulous news

I will go and gush on your new thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now