Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Appeal to high court

(5 Posts)
Peppaismysaviour Thu 29-Jun-17 10:41:58

Our LO birth parent has been denied leave to appeal. Complicated situation but there is real possibility they will contest to high court.
Does anyone have any experience of cases going to high court? We aren't overly concerned that anything will come of it for several reasons but just not sure of the process etc.
Thank you

flapjackfairy Thu 29-Jun-17 17:46:04

Our childs bm did this when the placement order was granted. He was already with us as we were fc so it was a bit stressful but it was quickly dismissed and that was the end of it.
As you probably know it is possible to continue to escalate things to the next court up if you want to challenge an order so some have gone to european courts etc but they will only be granted leave fo appeal if they can prove that things have massively turned around and it is now in the childs interests to reverse the direction of the legal process. That means overthrowing the adoption order application and then the placement order but even then the care order comes back into play and they would then have to challenge that and so on .So it is extremely unlikely that the legal process would be reversed after so much court time and evidence etc.
The only other way is to prove that the court process has not been followed correctly and some legal challenge to the process is justified which isnt going to happen at this stage.
So basically another hoop to jump through thats all . V frustrating but v v unlikely to change the long term outlook x

Peppaismysaviour Thu 29-Jun-17 17:53:11

Thanks for your reply. We are a year post placement so with final adoption order so close to being signed we just wanted idea of what process we are up against if she decides to escalate

flapjackfairy Thu 29-Jun-17 19:11:55

It will only delay things but wont change final result but hard to bear when you just want it all over with i know. Please post when ao granted as i will be looking out for it x

Peppaismysaviour Thu 29-Jun-17 19:41:13

Thank you flapjack I will no doubt post everywhere she is finally ours! I've lurked on adoption threads for months and only recd you started posting. It's so nice to hear from people who just get it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now