Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Starting our F2A journey. Debt questions.

(3 Posts)
MoomooMummy01 Thu 13-Apr-17 15:58:01

Hi all! My DH and I are about to start our journey to F2A (hopefully!!). I have 3 children from a previous marriage and am unable to have anymore naturally and do not wish to try IVF.
We are currently on a debt management programme. We live comfortably month to month as the management programme worked out what we could afford to repay each month and it's left us with a workable realistic budget. Does anyone have any experience with this? The debt is managed and paid each month. We can cover the years adoption leave and can also manage afterwards with DH and I working shifts that mean we do not need childcare. I work in education so term time only so I get lots of time at home.

Just looking to see what other people have experienced with debt. Thanks in advance!

luckylucky24 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:39:11

Some LAs may have an issue with it but most are happy if you can show it is being managed.

MoomooMummy01 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:17:36

Thank you for your reply...I gave in after posting here and called the LA and explained and they said it's not a problem as long as we can show them we can provide what would be required! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now