Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Adopting a 1/2 sibling

(7 Posts)
stinkybelle Fri 24-Mar-17 08:12:13

Yay looks like it's all going through, family finder likes me so going to matching panel 10th may :-) now I'm looking for a Tomy forget me not book again.. seen a couple on eBay but new they are looking at £130 🙀🙀 the one I have my DD still looks at and still loves. The alternative looks small and not as effective? Anyone got any suggestions for alternatives? Many thanks slightly excited ;-)

Starfishbanana101 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:22:38

What about the lamaze butterfly? It's only got four sections and the photos are tiny but you can still record on it.

Noseyposey1 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:27:17

Ooh exciting, we are just going through the same :0) we haven't been able to get one of those recordable books and family finder didn't seem too worried about it. We have done several A4 pics for LO to look at and currently sleeping with a snuggle bear blanket! All very exciting.

stinkybelle Fri 24-Mar-17 22:34:36

Just spoken to DD's foster mum and she actually didn't like the original butterfly book, said it was basically a load of random voices and was practically ignored... Conversely I've changed the batteries about 4 times in the last year due to DD's over use. I'm guessing now she knows the people behind the pictures and voices it has become more important. :-)

Starfishbanana101 Fri 24-Mar-17 22:45:26

It's a big favourite in our house although two of the photos have fallen out. The voices get played to shouts of 'its mummy!' 'It's daddy!' 😂 how old will LO be? We did videos of us reading a book each on DVD and I think voices are as important as photos early on.

tldr Sat 25-Mar-17 00:42:33

We recorded stories on phone (just audio) and emailed them and sent books, so FCs could do books plus play audio at same time.

stinkybelle Sat 25-Mar-17 06:03:45

Ooh I like the idea of video clips..definitely look into that and easy to do on my phone and get on a disc or stick etc and also do the photos. Social workers have suggested my daughter does a picture for her too so I'm getting some ideas. DD is 6 (7 in October) and soon to be DD2 is 19 months :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now