Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Amazing adopters!

(4 Posts)
Bostoncremecrazy Tue 21-Mar-17 18:32:32

I just wanted to come onto Adoption to say......my fellow adopters, you and our foster carer colleagues are all amazing smile

what we do day in and day out may never be understood by the outside world, but we know and can respect and understand each other in our times of joy and times of sadness.

you all rock flowers

tldr Tue 21-Mar-17 19:17:19

Cheers Boston. You're one of the most amazing of all. 😘🍾

<starts making Amazing Adopters bench>

crispandcheesesandwichplease Thu 23-Mar-17 22:05:20

Boston, tldr, yeah yeah!

Went NC with a close family member 10 years ago due to their total lack of understanding of how I needed to parent my AC, very differently from how birth children are parented. Re-connected very recently and talked, they couldn't believe how exhausting parenting an AC can be.

We are amazing. And no, most people haven't got a clue what day to day life can be like. I go with Sally Donovan's advice these days, if the person you are talking to simply cannot/will not grasp your child's needs and your subsequent parenting style the 'Adoption klaxon' sounds for me and I stop wasting my breath.

Italiangreyhound Sat 25-Mar-17 08:25:46

Bostoncremecrazy parenting difficult children can be so hard, when others do not understand it makes it harder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now