Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Help

(14 Posts)
Laura25o6 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:15:00

Hi we had our friend and family night on Thursday and my SiL told SW her GD was a CID. We never mentioned this as it wasn't our place. My mum now thinks this could affect our chances on being approved!? Could it? Or would SW have spoken to us there be then? X

Laura25o6 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:22:00

CIN not CID

luckylucky24 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:36:35

What is "GD" Goddaughter? and "CIN"?

flapjackfairy Sat 18-Mar-17 16:44:08

Grand daughter and child in need ( ie on a ss cin plan i think .)
If you are not directly connected to this child it shouldnt have any relevance to your application.
P s some kids on cin plans are only on them due to disability etc so not always down to neglect etc

Laura25o6 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:21:44

Thats correct flapjack, I do have baby regularly, every few months. Baby was on plan before birth, was classed as CAR child at risk, now is only Child in need!!
I'm rather scared and worried about this.

Laura25o6 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:22:29

Also there's no disability with child or parents

flapjackfairy Sat 18-Mar-17 18:49:53

But that wont reflect badly on you rather the opposite surely. Are the parents any risk ? That is the main issue imo.
Ss will want to know that there will not be any risks to your adopted kids .
But if there was then you would need to show that you would prioritise your childs needs above everything else.
Exactly why does your mum think it will be an issue?
I would speak to your sw next week and ask them to clarify things .
If the child is now cin rather than child at risk then presumeably parents are engaging with ss ?
Unless i am missing something i dont see this being a problem

Laura25o6 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:40:21

Think my mums just worried and obviously has made me worry. Not seeing SW now till panel in April. Think baby was at risk due to mum putting herself in care as a miner. Friends told her it was cushy and got what they wanted. Little did she know. Obviously it goes without saying that AC would be my number 1 priority. Baby mum and dad are not bad people.

flapjackfairy Sat 18-Mar-17 19:52:04

Oh well if you have approval panel next month they would have brought this up a long time ago if it was an issue so i wouldnt worry
Good luck at panel x.

Laura25o6 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:55:39

Even though it was only mentioned 2 days ago? And thanks

flapjackfairy Sat 18-Mar-17 21:52:19

If they are concerned they will bring it up before panel.
They will not go to panel if they think you will not be approved,
It wouldve been best to flag this up at the beginning but too late to worry now so i would ring sw on mon and explain you didnt mention it as you felt it wasnt your place. Hopefully they will reassure you. But if it is an issue then they will be able to hopefully resolve it by panel date.
Please let us know how it goes if you can x

donquixotedelamancha Sun 19-Mar-17 00:54:40

Just ask your SW. They have just nosied into your life and are about to try to match you with a child- you need to be able to ask 'em stuff.

Like everyone else, I'm pretty sure this won't be an issue, and really you should have been using it as a strength sooner. Make sure you discuss how its pitched in the report, but no big deal.

Italiangreyhound Sun 19-Mar-17 08:51:19

I don't think it will be a problem but you need to tell SW the full story. If it looks like you are hiding anything it Doran't look good. If you are looking after this child on a regular basis it I'd s factor social services may need to consider.of your new child were very jelious of the baby what would hsppe ?

Italiangreyhound Sun 19-Mar-17 08:57:59

Sorry typos!

If it looks like you are hiding anything it doesn't look good. If you are looking after this child on a regular basis it is a factor of your lives social services may need to consider.

Almost certainly they win not be bothered at all.

But just for exanply if your new child were very jealous of the baby what would happen.

You have already said new child comes first so that what they would want to hear.

Good luck. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now