Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Just a whinge

(8 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Wed 15-Mar-17 09:02:57

I cant believe how limited adoption cards are to buy. I have never come across an adoption card for "our daughter/son" There just for "your"

I know you can buy online but there really isnt much choice is there?

I say this because we have our celebration day this week and have been looking for a lovely card for my LO but just couldn't find anything. I have had to personalise it.

Anyway just that little thing really.

UnderTheNameOfSanders Wed 15-Mar-17 09:27:24

I guess there just isn't the demand to make it cost effective for card shops to stock such things. AUK used to do various cards if I recall correctly.
I can't remember whether we did cards for our DDs for our court day. Must go and check ...

EyeStye Wed 15-Mar-17 09:28:09

Moon pig?

sweetchilli77 Wed 15-Mar-17 09:42:52

Ive ended up on moon pig and personalised one, i just found it was very american and that UK are very behind the times.

B1rdonawire Wed 15-Mar-17 09:55:12

I gave my eyebrows a workout when I went to buy some in a local (chain) card shop. Couldn't find any, eventually asked, and the woman said "Oh yes, we keep those in here" and opened a locked drawer. Er, what the what now? Hardly "something for the weekend" is it?! And of course, they were baby-focused and not very appropriate. I ended up using etsy www.etsy.com/search?q=adoption+card&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=GB

sweetchilli77 Wed 15-Mar-17 10:26:36

B1rdonawire Exactly!!! card wherehouse/Factory have every card for every one and his dog, literally but no adoption cards that i could see and defo not one for daughter or son.

TBH imglad i personalised it as ive used picture and my own words' don't suppose i would ever get anything more personal than that.

Just makes me a little sad that Adoption is a bit of a taboo in the card world.

tldr Wed 15-Mar-17 17:19:46

It's not taboo so much as it is rare.

From Adoption UK
There were 5,330 looked after children adopted during the year ending 31 March 2015.

But I'm glad you found a solution you're happy with.

GodMother78 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:35:59

Amazon do a line just type in adoption cards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now