Talk

Advanced search

Just a whinge

(8 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Wed 15-Mar-17 09:02:57

I cant believe how limited adoption cards are to buy. I have never come across an adoption card for "our daughter/son" There just for "your"

I know you can buy online but there really isnt much choice is there?

I say this because we have our celebration day this week and have been looking for a lovely card for my LO but just couldn't find anything. I have had to personalise it.

Anyway just that little thing really.

OP’s posts: |
UnderTheNameOfSanders Wed 15-Mar-17 09:27:24

I guess there just isn't the demand to make it cost effective for card shops to stock such things. AUK used to do various cards if I recall correctly.
I can't remember whether we did cards for our DDs for our court day. Must go and check ...

EyeStye Wed 15-Mar-17 09:28:09

Moon pig?

sweetchilli77 Wed 15-Mar-17 09:42:52

Ive ended up on moon pig and personalised one, i just found it was very american and that UK are very behind the times.

B1rdonawire Wed 15-Mar-17 09:55:12

I gave my eyebrows a workout when I went to buy some in a local (chain) card shop. Couldn't find any, eventually asked, and the woman said "Oh yes, we keep those in here" and opened a locked drawer. Er, what the what now? Hardly "something for the weekend" is it?! And of course, they were baby-focused and not very appropriate. I ended up using etsy www.etsy.com/search?q=adoption+card&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=GB

sweetchilli77 Wed 15-Mar-17 10:26:36

B1rdonawire Exactly!!! card wherehouse/Factory have every card for every one and his dog, literally but no adoption cards that i could see and defo not one for daughter or son.

TBH imglad i personalised it as ive used picture and my own words' don't suppose i would ever get anything more personal than that.

Just makes me a little sad that Adoption is a bit of a taboo in the card world.

tldr Wed 15-Mar-17 17:19:46

It's not taboo so much as it is rare.

From Adoption UK
There were 5,330 looked after children adopted during the year ending 31 March 2015.

But I'm glad you found a solution you're happy with.

GodMother78 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:35:59

Amazon do a line just type in adoption cards

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in