Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Lion (The movie) Spoilers

(4 Posts)
gabsdot Fri 03-Mar-17 21:34:32

We finally got to see Lion. WOW. It is amazing. I bawled all the way through. I loved the adoptive parents, (obviously) They seem like wonderful people, They adopted challenging children but they never gave up on them and had so much love and were determined to make their family work.
My favourite moment was when Saroo's birth mother and adoptive mother met. It would be a dream come true for me to meet my kids BMs so this really touched me.
Definitely one of the best adoption themed movies I've ever seen.

JustHappy3 Sat 04-Mar-17 07:40:41

Oh that's good to know. I'd raised a weary eyebrow at the trailers and wondered what unrealistic, saccharine stuff this one would contain.

gabsdot Sat 04-Mar-17 09:26:44

Definitely not Saccharine.

Gitch69 Sat 04-Mar-17 15:24:49

Likewise, I howled most of the way through it. Our 12 yr old daughter asked if she could watch it with us and, she said, it helped her to understand some of what the child is going through - we're days away from matching panel for a 6 yr old boy.

We told our SW she had to watch it, amazing film and definitely no saccharin!! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now