Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Starting the Adoption advice

(4 Posts)
CantThinkOfAUserNameThatILike Sat 25-Feb-17 09:22:17

Hi All. I'm have just started going to adoption information events. I have been to both a LA and Voluntary one. The LA one stated that they hardly have any children in their care and it maybe a long wait if accepted. The voluntary one has access to multiple LA children so maybe the option of a quicker route.

What route have you been down any advice?

catiscomfybutIneedapee Sat 25-Feb-17 09:27:12

If you search, there are many helpful threads on this. I think one entitled "LA or VA", but there are many.

CantThinkOfAUserNameThatILike Sat 25-Feb-17 13:42:09

Thank you. I will have a look

tinks269 Sun 26-Feb-17 07:54:37

We went with our LA. TBH we didn't even ask how many children they had in care. After all it isn't how many are in their care but if your child is in their care.
We were warned that due to foster to adopt the number of children coming into care was dripping but we always knew we did not want to adopt a baby so that did not bother us. It took us pretty much 15 months from the start of our journey to placement. In the end our son was from a different area.
I would say go
With who you feel most comfortable with. Our social worker has been amazing and the support we have had has been fantastic - having that has been priceless. I wouldn't think of it as LA or VA but finding the service that will suit you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now