Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Celebration date

(7 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Tue 07-Feb-17 09:42:59

Can anyone tell me how long it took them for their date to come through after the adoption order was granted. It will be 2 week on friday and we still haven't had a date yet.

We did ask for a friday (as MIL and DS do not work on a friday) but did say if this wasn't possible we wold be more than happy with any day.

I just want to get moving on and have the day, suppose I'm a little impatient

flapjackfairy Tue 07-Feb-17 09:52:42

It took 3-4 weeks which is pretty standard i think.
Ours was last weds and it was a lovely day. Really made me feel our son is now all ours so enjoy it and congratulations x

donquixotedelamancha Tue 07-Feb-17 18:00:38

First time took ages I think, so we phoned the court and sorted over the phone.

Mrscollydog Tue 07-Feb-17 21:30:20

We had ours last Friday. It was about 6 weeks after the order. Christmas got in the way a bit. I agree it feels great to be at that point! Congratulations, nearly there.

sweetchilli77 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:49:24

how long did it take for them to give you that date though? we have heard nothing. not even written word that the order was granted.

Mrscollydog Tue 07-Feb-17 22:02:01

I chased it and chased it. Kept calling the court. We found out a date about 3 weeks after the order was granted with written confirmation of the order. Our SW told us it had been passed on the day. So frustrating but you are sooooooo close now.

sweetchilli77 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:04:26

Thanks all, i was going to chase today when i got the letter in the post. Its for mid march which seems a long time away however i don't care now. I have a bloody date smile

My application was put in September, its took till now to finally get sorted and thats with no issues. Christmas did slow things down though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now