Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Final Hearing

(9 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:23:51

So the final hearing was Friday.....not heard a word off anyone. Emailed and rang LO SW but nothing. Im hoping Tomorrow we get some answers.

We have had fairly good communication from both SW but felt that this was the most important time of the whole process where we would need them to keep us informed PPffftttt.

flapjackfairy Sun 18-Dec-16 20:51:39

Oh goodness it must have been a long weekend !

sweetchilli77 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:13:48

Actually its not been as bad as i thought, we have got this far and things are in the process. We just want to know, yes or delayed or SOMETHING ....

Im poor pissed off with lack of interest or lack of sympathy (if thats the right word) Its the most important piece and yet frig all communication .

Im pissing myself off now haha

Italiangreyhound Sun 18-Dec-16 21:54:12

Thinking of you.

MintyLizzy9 Sun 18-Dec-16 22:55:25

You can phone the courts directly, that's how I found out as SW didn't go to court so had no idea what the outcome was!

sweetchilli77 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:02:06

Thanks mintLizzy9 i will do so now, the LO SW has just emailed me to say she hasn't heard anything , i just presumed she would attended. I will see what the court says.

MintyLizzy9 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:16:49

My LA said that they never send SW I was a bit 😐

Court clerk was very helpful though, the letter I had informing me of the time and date of the hearing had a direct line number into the adoption/family court clerks.

Good luck!!!! (And congratulations 😊😊😊😊😊😊)

sweetchilli77 Mon 19-Dec-16 11:37:42

Thanks again, i rang the court, it seems we was given bit of confusing information, we thought the final hearing was for the adoption order but apparently its so the judge can cross the boxes and then will send a further date for the order providing there is no contesting which we know there won't be.

Im not annoyed just ok to know its gonna be in the New Year now. At least its in progress

MintyLizzy9 Mon 19-Dec-16 11:56:31

Ahh yes we had one of those. Our hearing was about two weeks later so hopefully you won't have long to wait X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now