Talk

Advanced search

Celebration once the AO has been granted!

(5 Posts)
monkeytoad35 Sun 27-Nov-16 20:24:49

Hello

This is my first post but been a long time lurker for a while wink

We had our AO granted on Monday, and we are thinking about arranging a naming ceremony to celebrate our 16 month old DS.

I just wondered what different things people did when they got the AO. Have people had christenings/naming ceremonies? Or did something special on the celebration hearing day? Or just kept it low key and quiet?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
tldr Sun 27-Nov-16 21:03:18

Our LO were old enough to understand so we had a bit of a family party on celebration hearing day. Worked wonders for their sense of permanence.

UnderTheNameOfSanders Mon 28-Nov-16 16:27:55

We went out for a family meal, and then around 2 months later had a celebration barn dance for around 100 friends and family. Though ours were 9 and 4 at the time so older.

MintyLizzy9 Tue 29-Nov-16 01:34:08

celebration barndance I can't tell you how jealous I am of that! Please say you played a bit of Dolly, I'm trying to teach DS applejack but he's having non of it!!

We had a christening and a party wish I'd had a barn dance now

On the day of the hearing we went from court to lunch and drank fizz smile

monkeytoad35 Wed 30-Nov-16 08:54:17

Thank you for your replies smile We have booked a registry office for a naming ceremony and then we are having a party afterwards with family and friends. We have invited his guide parents and family along to the celebration hearing and will do something nice with them afterwards smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in