Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Celebration once the AO has been granted!

(5 Posts)
monkeytoad35 Sun 27-Nov-16 20:24:49

Hello

This is my first post but been a long time lurker for a while wink

We had our AO granted on Monday, and we are thinking about arranging a naming ceremony to celebrate our 16 month old DS.

I just wondered what different things people did when they got the AO. Have people had christenings/naming ceremonies? Or did something special on the celebration hearing day? Or just kept it low key and quiet?

TIA

tldr Sun 27-Nov-16 21:03:18

Our LO were old enough to understand so we had a bit of a family party on celebration hearing day. Worked wonders for their sense of permanence.

UnderTheNameOfSanders Mon 28-Nov-16 16:27:55

We went out for a family meal, and then around 2 months later had a celebration barn dance for around 100 friends and family. Though ours were 9 and 4 at the time so older.

MintyLizzy9 Tue 29-Nov-16 01:34:08

celebration barndance I can't tell you how jealous I am of that! Please say you played a bit of Dolly, I'm trying to teach DS applejack but he's having non of it!!

We had a christening and a party wish I'd had a barn dance now

On the day of the hearing we went from court to lunch and drank fizz smile

monkeytoad35 Wed 30-Nov-16 08:54:17

Thank you for your replies smile We have booked a registry office for a naming ceremony and then we are having a party afterwards with family and friends. We have invited his guide parents and family along to the celebration hearing and will do something nice with them afterwards smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now