Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

I think we've reached the 'falling in love stage'! (bless)

(14 Posts)
PootlewasthebestFlump Sat 22-Oct-16 08:40:12

Lovely DS (6) moved in 7 months ago, some of you may remember. He has GDD and speech and language problems, and attachment difficulties. He was obsessed with daddy for months and very hot and cold with me which was hard!

Well, he loved the summer at home with Mummy, has started to love school, and is currently doing the gazing into my face then whispering 'I love you mummy!' And telling me to close my eyes then kissing me. Drawing me hearts and flowers. Sharing his food. Toys. Armchair...etc.

Bless his heart, it's like he has cartoon love hearts in his eyes!

He's talked about BM a lot, he loves and misses her, and has recently started some psychology work around his journey into care which unsettled him (so he got very rejecting of me) but has now reverted to the loved-up stage again.

It's very intense because he wants to play and cuddle etc, and he's still rejecting me a lot on and off, but it's so sweet to see the process of bonding/attachment developing.

Has anyone else had this? The really lovey-dovey phase?!♡

flapjackfairy Sat 22-Oct-16 10:01:08

Oh how wonderful. Well done you have obviously done a great job Enjoy

PootlewasthebestFlump Sat 22-Oct-16 12:21:03

Thank you - we've just blundered through really despite the training etc!

NavyandWhite Sat 22-Oct-16 12:45:37

That's so heartwarming.

dibly Sat 22-Oct-16 13:04:13

Ah that's lovely news. We've been very much one step forward, two back in terms of attachment but when I look back two years I can see how far we've come. You can almost see them starting to trust and love you can't you?

tldr Sat 22-Oct-16 13:54:52

<wipes tear>
That's fab news. Well done. flowers

tldr Sat 22-Oct-16 13:56:46

Cartoon love hearts is exactly it. (And here, since it arrived, it never left.)

PootlewasthebestFlump Sat 22-Oct-16 15:32:08

I hope it doesn't leave. You can see him falling in love. He wants to live here forever and ever even when he's a grown up. Desperate to change his name. God love him he is hard work and adorable in equal measure!

CannotEvenDeal Sat 22-Oct-16 19:04:15

How lovely! Reminds me of my dss when he was little. My dh's exw wanted to 'put her old life behind her' and felt that I would be the best mum for dss and I positively adore him so he came to live with us. However she then unexpectedly remarried and moved abroad, cutting all contact when he was 7.

Following the difficulties with his biological mum, dss went through phases on and off of being cooler with me and vvv attached to his dad. Then he'd be obsessed with being with me again and smother me with kisses and hugs but then off he went again. He had known me from toddler age but the cut of contact probably led to a distrust as to whether or not I would stick around but needless to say, I did! We're a decade down the line and at times he really can be a mummy's boy!!

Even just this morning he gave me a huge hug to say good morning and I didn't want to let go smile

Italiangreyhound Sat 22-Oct-16 23:54:25

Lovely. thanks grin wink smile

MintyLizzy9 Mon 24-Oct-16 14:32:51

Ah how lovely that made me tear up!

DS has been doing emotions at nursery last week and his key worker came to tell me that every time she asked him throughout the session what makes him happy he said mummy! I had a little cry in the car on the way home 😭😭😭😭

PootlewasthebestFlump Mon 24-Oct-16 15:39:20

Aw That's lovely!!!! ♡

Puffedsleevedress Mon 24-Oct-16 16:17:14

Every time I come back to this thread, it makes me cry! Just off to get more tissues....

PootlewasthebestFlump Mon 24-Oct-16 16:19:15

<passes wetwipe>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now