Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

link maker

(11 Posts)
LS2142 Fri 09-Sep-16 11:15:39

Has or does anyone use this website and what are your thoughts about it? Is it any good? Thanks X

greenandblackssurvivalkit Fri 09-Sep-16 16:21:12

It is how we found DS.

I think it it's wonderful!

It can be hard going, and needs resilience on the part of adopters. However, it also allows some control in the process.

pleasemothermay1 Fri 09-Sep-16 19:08:15

We found our daughter on link maker were haveing or celebration day in 2 weeks

It can be a bit hard but it's a lot better than the old system

ac73 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:12:19

I have used it to and would recommend.

ac73 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:13:46

*too

LS2142 Fri 09-Sep-16 21:45:44

Brilliant thank you. We haven't heard great reports mainly about no replies after showing interest or instant replies of a no but I'm glad to know it does work! X

greenandblackssurvivalkit Fri 09-Sep-16 21:54:58

I had a few instant nos.

Then a very quick 'probably yes'!

Then a looooong wait for panel.

It's hard going, but DS was so obviously ours, that I quickly put in the enquiry in a gap at work. There were a couple of other links, but I knew they weren't ours, but worried they might be our only chance. I think using linkmaker can make things appear worse than they are. It doesn't matter how many nos you get, you only need one yes, and it needs to be the right yes.

Now child is upstairs, fast asleep, and beautiful. And ours.

I am sorry, we have already taken the nicest child ever on Linkmaker. But you might be able to find one that'll do for you. wink

pleasemothermay1 Fri 09-Sep-16 22:48:58

Tbh it's better to get a no stright waway children who wait was agonising you inquire then sit and wait and wait then get a no

LS2142 Sat 10-Sep-16 08:41:10

I love to hear positive stories! We are going to panel next month and it seems like it's taken forever to get here (nearly 2 years) so how does link maker work. Our social worker has shown interest for us and asked for further info. Is is just a matter of waiting for either a no or the info? I take it this can take some time?? X

greenandblackssurvivalkit Sat 10-Sep-16 09:58:17

It's like online dating. You look at profiles, and if you think you want to know more, you send a message saying why you think you could be their family, and ask your questions. If the social worker likes the look of you, they may do the same, and/or reply to you. That's it. Lots of declines with no reason given, so you need to be thick skinned.

Keep faith. I found it easier to be active than passive, and hoping the social worker really understood who I was looking for. I don't know if the SW would have thought to show me DS had it not been for link maker? I hope so!

Cabawill Sat 10-Sep-16 22:50:42

I agree with PP it's like online dating! We found our DS & DD through linkmaker and found if to be very straight forward. I much preferred that I felt like I had some say in showing interest rather than leaving it to our SW (who I didn't like or trust).

We had a couple of "No's" too which when I look back was absolutely right as I had rushed in at the beginning a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now