Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

West Sussex LA Experiences?

(8 Posts)
AdoptionDadd Fri 15-Jul-16 12:47:56

Hello all - to jump in... We're just about to start our journey into adoption. It's likely that due to our age we'll be most eligible for a baby / 0-2. We're looking at taking the foster to adopt route to allow us to have a child from an early age and avoid too much disruption taking place in that child's life.

We are super excited and the LA (in West Sussex) seem lovely! I wonder wondering whether any of you have direct experience working with the LA and any advice?

Thank you!

Italiangreyhound Fri 15-Jul-16 18:41:42

No experience of them but wanted to wish you welll on your journey.

Italiangreyhound Fri 15-Jul-16 18:42:50

Ps Please be careful how much you post personally as you've identified your agency and that is quite identifying.

Hels20 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:58:11

Italian - you've identified yourself!

[MNHQ here: We've removed the name now!]

MypocketsarelikeNarnia Fri 15-Jul-16 21:59:14

I posted what Italian has (except for not using my name!) but then lost the post. Lots of sws look at this site, there are also loads of lurkers - lots of them entirely nice innocent people and others who are not friends of adoption.

Your first post might just be to say hello - so no harm in being identified - but then maybe later you ask for help with a tricky issue with your LA or with your child. It's worth thinking about seriously.

And welcome smile

AdoptionDadd Sat 16-Jul-16 14:06:56

Hello - thank you for letting me know. I never knew it was an issue - good to know. I'll be much more secretive in the future grin

Italiangreyhound Sat 16-Jul-16 23:32:22

It's ok, maybe it's not my real name!

Italiangreyhound Sun 17-Jul-16 23:06:31

Thank you Mumsnet HQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now