Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

We're going on Tuesday. TUESDAY?! Not ready

(12 Posts)
Kewcumber Sun 22-May-16 11:58:32

Eek!

Hels20 Sun 22-May-16 15:23:24

Is this to your DS's country of birth??!

thefamilyvonstrop Sun 22-May-16 16:01:50

Wow, that's a big trip. How is your boy feeling?

Italiangreyhound Sun 22-May-16 19:24:16

Hope all goes well.

UnderTheNameOfSanders Sun 22-May-16 21:00:09

Best wishes for a successful trip.

GodMother78 Sun 22-May-16 22:22:54

Safe journey and enjoy. Take loads of photos to commemorate the whole experience smile

Kewcumber Mon 23-May-16 09:57:59

My boy is so excited he may explode! Or I may kill him before we leave - he's driving me insane.

And he needed to go into school dressed as an ancient greek today hmm becuase thats just what I needed.

Yes Hels birth country visit - it has been a marathon of planning like you wouldn't believe.

To be fair I am so excited I might explode too.

I keep thinking about a blog post I made 10 years ago

How strange that tomorrow I will leave this place that has been my whole world for nearly two months and have such an enormous significance in my sons life and I will probably not return for many, many years. I imagine its a little how people feel when they emigrate, of course I am pleased to go and excited about my new start but I am sad to leave it behind with little opportunity to revisit. I would like to bring a little part of it with me. The best I can do is treasure my photos and the funny little keepsakes I have collected along the way and of course I will have a live, wriggling piece of Ust-Kamenogorsk to always remind me.

And here we are about 5 minutes later on our way back.

Daniel: "Are you going to cry Mum"
ME "Bucket loads son, brace yourself"

Tippy6312 Mon 23-May-16 10:58:09

Enjoy yourself, that is such a lovely post.

Kewcumber Mon 23-May-16 19:27:29

Tuesday is tomorrow <<faints>>

Hels20 Mon 23-May-16 20:03:03

OMG. So exciting. wow. Wow.

RosieandJim89 Mon 23-May-16 20:32:26

Good luck!

Kewcumber Mon 23-May-16 22:56:41

People keep giving me money. I keep getting dusty specks in my eye...

DS's teachers had a whip round in the staff room and gave us money to take for the children there.

DS has been selling his old toys and saving up so he can buy them some stuff too.

It'll be 28 degrees most of the week we're there - so I'm planning to hit the orphanage with an ice cream fest (including staff) apparently ice cream is a rare thing.

Ice cream should not be a rare treat for a 4 year old sad

Damn those dusty specks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now