Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Are there any Birth Mums on here?

(8 Posts)
NeverLetGo Fri 13-May-16 06:43:35

I've never managed to find any support or anyone who has had a child adopted. To be honest, this is the first time I've joined a forum to look for other Birth Families so this is pretty nerve wracking.

Kr1stina Fri 13-May-16 11:31:55

Hi and welcome

Yes there are other birth mums on here ( sorry I'm not one of them ) and I'm sure they will be along soon to introduce themselves .

Do you want to say a little about your experinces ( without saying anything identifying of course ) ?

If you search through the threads in this topic you might find some helpful ones

RatherBeIndoors Fri 13-May-16 18:07:48

I'm sorry you've not had support so far. I know in theory family support workers should be in place, to offer 1:1 support or sometimes groups, but I guess it doesn't always happen. I'm not a birth mum, but there are definitely some who post fairly regularly here - they, and you, are very welcome. I hope you are able to find the kind of support you need.

RatherBeIndoors Fri 13-May-16 18:10:26

P.s. At the top of this section there's a link to "organisations who offer expert advice" - on that page there are some suggested links for support for birth families, in case they might help you too?

ClassicCoast Sat 14-May-16 22:17:02

I am a birth mum and there are a few more around. Hope You are ok.

anxious123 Sun 15-May-16 19:11:13

A birth mum here, also struggled to find support but this place is a God send

OurMiracle1106 Wed 18-May-16 11:49:04

Hello I am also a birth mum. Depending on where you live there is also support in Kentish town, London for birth parents at an organisation called PAC they also provide a number of counselling session and a free group support

I don't know if this is helpful but you are not alone x

BoxofSnails Thu 19-May-16 08:20:31

I am too, don't post so much here any more. I'm finally getting somewhere with some discussions with my LA about support for birth parents. The conspiracy stories always scare and upset me though. There's support here, feel free to tell as much or as little of your story as you like. No judgement. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now